Tacos, salads, burritos, carnitas oh my! I have so many wonderful Mexican dishes coming your way in the next few weeks that I have to make sure you have my easy recipes for two key ingredients: salsa and guacamole.
Sure, you can buy salsa at the store, but I’ve many times run into a pickle of not having it at home. And homemade guacamole is… amazing! Even better when you take my shortcuts.
It is no secret that I love tacos. Why? Because everyone at the table can make them just the way they like, yet we are all eating the same thing. But what is a taco without some salsa on top? Yes, some people don’t like salsa, but I cannot resist it.
I also like salsa on everything. Plain with some corn chips or plantain chips, or as a topping to my favorite Mexican recipe. It’s like ketchup for Mexican food, you just gotta have it!
In this video you will see the easiest way to make your very own salsa that will be the hit of every party from here on out!
If you are more of a guacamole fan than just salsa, or you like both, then you have come to the right place. Once you have your Easy Salsa made, you can now serve it alone, or take it a step further and make this Quick Guacamole. Just like my salsa, this will accompany many meals to come.
Now, we are ready to have a fiesta.
What is your favorite Mexican dish?Print
Easy Blender Salsa
- Yield: 4 cups
- 1 15ounce can fire roasted tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1–2 jalapeno peppers, de stemmed, seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Add all ingredients in the order listed inside your blender or food processor.
- Pulse to combine and blend on medium speed gradually increasing to high speed until the texture is nearly smooth.
- Refrigerate for one hour prior to serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Quick and Easy Guacamole
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3 avocados, pitted
- ½ – ¾ cup salsa, liquid drained
- In a bowl, mash avocados with a fork making some of the texture smooth and leaving a few chunky pieces.
- Mix in Easy Salsa (or your favorite) and serve.
Love homemade salsa and guacamole!
I’ve been looking for a good salsa recipe! Thank you
Love Guacamole and Salsa!
Could eat this every day!
That guacamole looks delicious!
My family loves Mexican food. Need to try this for our next taco night!
I love salsa! Thanks for sharing.
I just got a new blender and super excited to try this out!
I love guacamole! Unfortunately I am the only one in family who likes it. Your videos are great! Thanks Laura.