These hummus tostadas recipe is like nothing else you’ve had before. Quick to prepare and easier to clean up, this is the perfect quick dinner this busy mom loves!
When I have so much going on in my life that I barely have time to think about what needs to be done next, I avoid complicated. Nearly all the recipes you find in this blog are simple… because my brain can only handle simple in the middle of dinner rush most evenings.
So one day, I stood there… in front of my fridge, with my tub of Sabra hummus on hand dipping baby carrots wondering what to make for dinner. Why not spread it on tostadas? I wasn’t sure if the recipe would come out tasting as good as I was imagining it to be in my mind. But sure enough, it was love at the first bite.
These hummus tostadas are similar to my guacamole tostadas, with the exception that I think they’ve become my new favorite tostada recipe. I started to make the avocado ones but my avocado wasn’t ripe yet, so I had to rethink a recipe since I already had it in my head to eat a fried egg tostada.
The first time I made these I didn’t have an avocado to use on top, so I defrosted some guacamole instead. Did you know that you can make guacamole and freeze it for later? I do this all the time when avocados are in season and are cheap! The recipe was such a hit, I remade it two days later with my newly ripened avocado.
If you don’t know what tostada shells are, they are fried (or baked) corn tortillas. They resemble a corn chip but big and round. If you can’t find them in your grocery, you can make your own at home. See how-to below. Otherwise, this recipe also works over corn or flour tortillas.Print
Hummus Tostadas Recipe
- 4 corn tostada shells*
- 1 cup Sabra Hummus
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup Sabra Garlic Salsa
- Sour cream for topping
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Warm hummus for 30 seconds to a minute in the microwave (cold works too). Spread 2-3 tablespoons hummus over each tostada.
- Fry your eggs, over easy. Place each fried egg over a corn tostada.
- Top egg with diced avocado, salsa, and sour cream. Garnish with cilantro.
You can use store bought tostadas or make your own (recipe below). Alternatively, you can use regular tortillas but the base won’t be crunchy.
Homemade Tostadas Recipe
Making your own tostadas base is simple and delicious!
- Corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400F. Brush both sides of your corn tortillas with vegetable oil (or oil of choice). Sprinkle with salt, chili powder or cayenne for extra taste.
- Bake 4-6 tortillas on a baking sheet, for 3-5 minutes, flip, and repeat until golden and crispy on the second side. Repeat process for as many tostada shells as you need.
This post was sponsored by Sabra. My partnership with Sabra allows me to bring you awesome recipes our families will enjoy. For more Sabra recipes, like Sabra on Facebook