June 27, 2022
Do you have ripe bananas you’ve got to use up? I’ve got the best recipes with bananas you can make today!
If you’ve asked around for suggestions and all everyone says is “make banana bread” or “freeze them!” and want something else, you’re in the right place!
While over-ripe bananas don’t look very pretty, they are sweeter and more flavorful! That means that those “ugly” bananas are perfect for adding to our recipes as a natural sweetener and a binding agent.
Recipes Using Bananas
These easy recipes with bananas turn this versatile fruit into healthy cookies, nutritious smoothies, epic banana bread, tasty puddings, waffles to eat on a busy morning, and so much more!
Can You Freeze Extra Bananas?
Yes! A great way to prevent bananas from spoiling is by freezing them. All you have to do is peel them, place them in a zip bag, and freeze them for up to 6 months.
Over time, frozen bananas will darken but that’s nothing to worry about! In this post, I tell you all the details about how to freeze bananas and then, try one of these awesome recipes with the frozen bananas!
Best Recipes With Bananas
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large brown bananas, (1 ½ cups mashed)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted butter and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract, stir until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Add in ¾ cup of chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool down for about 15 minutes before running a knife around the edges to separate the bread. Remove the bread from the pan and allow it to cool on a wire cooling rack. Slice and serve.