Grab those blenders, and let’s make a quick pineapple banana smoothie for a healthy breakfast or post-workout fuel.
Thanks to the banana and yogurt, it’s a creamy, ice-cold beverage with delicious tropical flavor from frozen pineapple pieces and pineapple juice.
Benefits of Pineapple Banana
Not only does this smoothie taste like a delicious, tropical treat, it’s also full of vitamins, minerals, and, depending on the type of yogurt you use, protein!
The banana provides a creamy flavor, fiber, and antioxidants, while pineapple gives this smoothie a tangy flavor and tons of vitamin C and manganese. Each cup of pineapple has only 80 calories and packs 131% of the RDI for vitamin C and 76% of the RDI for manganese.
You can serve it for a refreshing part of a balanced breakfast or replenish yourself quickly after a workout.
Pineapple Banana Smoothie Ingredients
Here’s everything you need to make this tropical-tasting pineapple banana smoothie:
- pineapple juice: bottled pineapple juice has the best flavor but you can also use canned.
- banana: this is the recipe where you can put that frozen banana to use. If you use fresh, the riper the banana the sweeter the flavor.
- pineapple chunks: frozen pineapple chunks will give this a frostier, thicker texture.
- vanilla yogurt: use regular vanilla or Greek yogurt for extra protein.
How to Make a Pineapple Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are a one-step process you can whip up quickly in the blender. For the smoothie to blend well, start with liquids, then add solids.
Add all of the ingredients in the order listed to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Sip up!
Divide the smoothie into 2 glasses, grab a straw, and sip away.
More Smoothie Recipes with Pineapple
The Pineapple Green Smoothie includes spinach for added nutrients; however, with the addition of pineapple and a high-speed blender, there’s no leafy-green flavor or texture.Print
Pineapple Banana Smoothie Recipe
A delicious and creamy pineapple banana smoothie that tastes like a tropical treat!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 2 smoothies 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- 1 ½ cups pineapple juice* (350 ml)
- 1 banana
- 1 ½ cups pineapple chunks (250 g)
- ¾ cup (6oz) vanilla yogurt, optional (150 g)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses.
Use water, orange juice, or almond milk if you do not have pineapple juice.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 342
- Sugar: 66.8 g
- Sodium: 32.8 mg
- Fat: 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 79.4 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 8.5 g
- Cholesterol: 3.2 mg