Just three simple ingredients and five minutes of time are all that you need to make this delicious Watermelon Smoothie!
This easy-to-make smoothie recipe is perfect for breakfast, snack, or lunch! A refreshingly healthy treat when you’re running low on time.
Watermelon Yogurt Smoothie
By adding yogurt to the watermelon smoothie recipe, you’ll achieve a creamier rich texture with added protein!
The yogurt also helps smooth out the texture from icy toward what feels like a “milkshake” without the guilt.
The watermelon adds soluble fiber and a sweet flavor we love. Together, the watermelon and yogurt smoothie pack nutrition into a quick and easy recipe.
What Goes in a Watermelon Smoothie
A healthy smoothie recipe that both kids and adults will crave? Yes, please! Here are the ONLY ingredients needed:
- Seedless watermelon: Choose one that is ripe and ready! If you only have a seeded watermelon, have the kids hop in and help pick out the seeds. This is a great job for them to do and to get them involved.
- Vanilla yogurt: Use regular or Greek vanilla-flavored yogurt to add a flavor that pairs great with watermelon. Strawberry works too!
- Almond milk: Using milk as the liquid makes it thicker and creamier. I prefer to use unsweetened almond milk to keep it lower in calories, but you can use regular dairy milk if you want to add more protein too.
How to Make a Watermelon Smoothie
Making a smoothie is easy when you have all the ingredients on hand. Whether you use fresh or frozen watermelon, this smoothie is divine.
To make this watermelon smoothie recipe:
- Cut up the watermelon
Cut watermelon into pieces and place in the blender. You can also use frozen watermelon pieces.
Add remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
Pour this deliciously creamy smoothie into two glasses and enjoy.
Can You Freeze Watermelon for Smoothies?
Absolutely! Freezing cubed watermelon is a terrific idea to make smoothies thicker, just as delicious, and also reduces the need for ice.
To freeze watermelon, place cubed watermelon inside a zip bag, lay it flat, and freeze it. When you’re ready to use, break off the cubes you need for your smoothie, and it’s ready to use!
Watermelon Smoothie Benefits
Watermelon smoothies can be very beneficial for your health since watermelon contains soluble fiber, it’s made of 92% water, so it’s hydrating, contains Lycopene (an antioxidant), lots of Vitamin A, C, B, and potassium.
Pair that up with protein from the yogurt and the gut health benefits that yogurt provides, and this smoothie is power-packed with nutrition.
Smooth and irresistible, this watermelon smoothie with yogurt is one both adults and kids will love.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 4 cups seedless watermelon
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Ice, if needed
- Cut watermelon into pieces and place in the blender.
- Add remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
For a thicker smoothie, freeze the cubed watermelon and throw them frozen in the smoothie.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 26.9 g
- Sodium: 49.6 mg
- Fat: 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.4 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.9 mg