Delicious, flavorful, healthy chicken pot pie soup in the slow cooker. Oh yes, it’s the ultimate comfort food recipe made effortless in your crockpot.
This recipe has all of the traditional pot pie flavors, but it’s lighter in both calories and fat.
This warm soup is one that your whole family is sure to enjoy. Yes, even with all of those veggies! They’re cooked down to a perfectly soft texture that everyone is going to love.
My husband loved this dish—he is a chicken pot pie lover, so this soup was a huge hit with him. It has all the classic flavors of a traditional pot pie but without needing to make pie crust. It’s also naturally gluten-free, so I don’t have to make any adjustments to the recipe.
If you need gluten or grain-free biscuits to serve with this soup, my Almond Flour Biscuits are the perfect companion.
This recipe was a big win in our family, and I’m sure it will be in yours, too!
What I love about this soup is that it’s easy to make with pantry staples. You need chicken, pantry spices, and some veggies and you’re ready to make this chicken pot pie soup. Here’s the full list.
- chicken breasts cubed
- carrots if you have other veggies on hand, you can swap them out!
- chicken broth make your own chicken broth with this recipe
- half and half adds just the right amount of creaminess
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- corn starch
Simple right? But trust me, these ingredients come together to make something truly amazing.
Related: More Soup Dinner Ideas
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup in the Slow Cooker
Ready to get started? Let me show you how it’s done step by step so you can make this easy soup tonight.
Chop your vegetables and cube your chicken breasts to get them ready.
- Into the pot
Place the chicken, onion, carrots celery, broth, and spices in the crockpot and cook for 4-6 hours.
Stir water an corn startch together until combined. Add this to the soup in the crockpot along with the frozen peas and half and half. Cook for 30 more minutes.
- Prep the biscuits
While the soup is finishing, prepare your favorite biscuts to serve over the top of this soup for the full “chicken pot pie” experience.
Truly, this recipe couldn’t be easier! It’s one I included in my Chicken Dinner cookbook, and I’d love for you to download a copy of the book so that you never run out of epic chicken dinners like this one!
Make Chicken Exciting to Eat Again!
If you’re tired of dry tasteless chicken for dinner, the recipes inside Chicken. It’s What’s for Dinner are exactly what you need!
You’ll enjoy mouth-watering juicy chicken, epic marinades to add flavor and simple family meals that will get devoured.
More Chicken Soup Recipes
Print this recipe below, and be sure to check out a couple of my other favorite chicken soups.
- Healthy Chicken Stew
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Dutch Oven Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Old Fashioned Chicken and Rice Soup
What is your favorite slow cooker soup recipe?Print
Slow Cooker Pot Pie Soup
This slow cooker chicken pot pie soup is one you’ll want to keep handy all winter long! It comes together quickly and makes a hearty meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours + 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow cooker
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 ½ celery stalks, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Biscuits for serving
- In the dish of a slow cooker, combine the chicken breast pieces, onion, celery, chicken broth, garlic powder, thyme, salt, pepper, and carrots. Cover with the lid and cook for 4 hours on high, or 6 on low.
- In the final 30 minutes, prepare your favorite biscuits.
- In a small bowl, whisk the water with the cornstarch until just combined. Add the mixture to the slow cooker along with the green peas and half and half. Stir and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and biscuits.
* Nutritional information is calculated without biscuits.
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 1000mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
Keywords: slow cooker soup, soup