Do you love warm soup on a cold winter day? How about a classic recipe that is a favorite year-round? This Homemade Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle soup recipe is one that will become one of your favorites too!
When the cold weather rolls around, all I want to do is cook warm, hearty meals. Some of my favorites are:
Whenever possible, I opt for either a quick stovetop soup or a slow cooker soup. If I don’t have a lot of time, I like to set it and forget it.
Forget the cans of soup, homemade chicken soup is easier to make than you might think! And if you have a slow cooker, the traditional recipe gets even easier.
Today I want to share with you the easiest chicken noodle soup, it’s hard to mess it up and can be made with chicken breasts or chicken thighs. The best part is that it always tastes great, no matter how often or how rarely you make it. Of course, the slow cooker is going to do all the hard work, so all you have to do is get your ingredients ready, dump, and wait.
- chicken – Swap for turkey for turkey noodle soup!
- bay leaf
- chicken broth
The most basic ingredients make the most flavorful soups!
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup in the Crockpot
Grab the ingredients above and get ready to make the most delicious soup ever!
- Cook it slow
Place all the ingredients (except the noodles) in the crockpot and cook for 6 hours on low heat or 4 hours on high heat
After cooking, remove the chicken and chop into smaller pieces. Return chicken to crockpot.
- Add Pasta
Add uncooked pasta to the slow cooker and cook on high for an additional 15-20 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Discard & serve
Serve the soup in large bowls, after discarding the bay leaf.
Want to watch how it’s done? Check out the video below!
There is nothing like a good, hearty soup for dinner. Plus, leftovers are super easy to warm up the next morning and send them to school or the office in a thermos.
More Slow Cooker Soups
Can’t get enough of the comfort food deliciousness? There’s more where this recipe came from!
- Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Lasagna Soup in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker No Bean Chili
- Parmesan Chicken Soup in the Crockpot
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
Looking for an easy recipe that will help you ditch the canned chicken noodle soup? This hearty slow cooker chicken noodle soup will win over the family!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours + 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Crockpot
- Diet: Low Calorie
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 ½ teaspoons dried)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock/broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked pasta (wide egg noodles, spaghetti, or fusilli)
- In a large (6 quart) crockpot, place all the ingredients except the pasta. Cook for 6 hours on low heat or 4 hours on high.
- After 4 or 6 hours (depending on temperature), remove the chicken and chop it into bite-size pieces. Place the chicken back in the crockpot.
- Add the pasta, turn the heat up to high, cover, and cook for another 15-20 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Discard the bay leaf, and serve the soup immediately.
Although not as flavorful, I sometimes use already cooked, leftover chicken. Follow the recipe the same as you would here.
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cups
- Calories: 420
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
Keywords: chicken noodle soup, chicken soup, slow cooker soup, slow cooker chicken noodle soup