I’ve got you covered with 14 recipes for leftover turkey and Thanksgiving sides.
What to Make with Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey
Below you’ll find an assortment of soul-warming turkey soups, salads, and a few creative ideas to make sure all of that roasted turkey is put to the best use.
If it’s not Thanksgiving Day yet and you are just browsing for some good ideas to make with your share of leftovers, there’s still time to grab your copy of the Giving Thanks, a holiday menu.
It has 23 mouthwatering recipes to choose from including the perfect oven-roasted turkey, TWO incredible stuffings, vegetable side dishes so good even the carnivores will want second helpings, and the best-ever cranberry sauce!
What to Do with Leftover Thanksgiving Sides
Finding a purpose for those last bits of Thanksgiving sides can leave you feeling stumped and the leftovers in the trash. But don’t toss them just yet, these recipe ideas are made with side dishes in mind. You’ll find some creative bites as well as a few lightened-up recipes to enjoy the day after.
Grab the recipe below for my famous Thanksgiving Egg Rolls. Made with crispy baked egg rolls filled with roasted turkey and hummus for a healthier Thanksgiving version of the take-out egg rolls.
And if you have half a can of pumpkin left from a dessert, don’t. toss. it. out! There are a number of recipes to make with leftover pumpkin pureé like pumpkin pancakes, no-bake bites, and overnight oats.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipe Ideas | Thanksgiving Egg Rolls
For the Egg Rolls
- 10 7 inch square egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 cups chopped roasted turkey
- Cooking spray, for baking
Cranberry Orange Sauce
- ½ cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 425F, place a cookie cooling rack onto a baking sheet, and lightly grease with cooking spray (this will allow heat to cook egg rolls on all sides).
- Fill a small dish with about ½ cup warm water.
- On a large cutting board place an egg roll wrapper so one of the corners is facing you (like a diamond).
- Spread about a heaping tablespoon of hummus in the middle of the wrapper, in a vertical line. Top with leftover carved turkey.
- Dip your fingers into a water dish and wet the edges of the wrapper.
- To close, lift the outer corner and fold up and over the filling, tucking the edge slightly under.
- Fold the sides over and roll. Because you’ve moistened those edges with water, that will seal the final corner piece.
- With a toothpick, pierce each roll a couple of times. Brush each egg roll with a little oil or lightly coat with cooking spray and set it on top of the cookie sheet.
- Repeat process with remaining wrappers and ingredients.
- Bake for about 15 minutes then flip and continue to bake for an additional 7 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven.
- While the egg rolls bake, mix the cranberry sauce with the orange juice and zest to create a dipping sauce.
- Serve the egg rolls warm with cranberry-orange sauce.