Adult Lunchables make awesome quick lunches and feel like you’re eating right out of a charcurterie board, right?
In this post, I share my favorite ideas to pack for work to enjoy a healthy, protein-packed lunch that’s perfect for the office or on the go.
There are lots of meal prep recipes to pack for lunch on this site, but now and then, it’s nice to switch from cooked recipes and lunch salads to something that’s easy to assemble and just as delicious. Enter the adult lunchable.
What Are Adult Lunchables
An adult lunchable is a bigger version of the kid-favorite school Lunchable. It’s packed in a bento box with your choice of protein, veggies, crackers, dips, and fruit. The portions are larger and much healthier than the traditional store-bought ones kids beg for.
But let’s get back to YOUR lunch. These are perfect for eating at your desk or in the car if you have a job that requires a lot of driving and can stay fresh for hours in one of these adult lunchboxes and lunch bags.
Adult Lunchable Ideas
The best part of these adult lunchable ideas is that they don’t require you to cook, and they’re assembled quickly by mixing some of your favorite ingredients, leftovers, and pantry staples!
Scroll down, browse through the ideas, and click on any of them to pin it or print!
Are They Healthy?
My adult homemade Lunchables are much healthier than anything I can buy pre-packaged at the store because they’re made with simple and fresh ingredients. These ideas will keep you full longer because they’re a balanced lunch containing protein, healthy fats, and carbs in one container. Unlike premade options, you have total control over what you eat for lunch!
What To Put In Adult Lunchables
There are so many ways to create your own Lunchable, and they can be as simple or sophisticated as you like.
Keep in mind to pack according to your needs, whether that’s high protein, low carb, or grain-free, and with the countless options listed below, that should be easy to do:
Don’t skip the protein! It’s one macronutrient that’s slow to digest and keeps you feeling full, longer.
- Deli turkey
- Deli ham
- Grilled or baked chicken
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Cheese- hard or soft options
- Baked falafel
Veggies & Fruit
This is where you add nutrients, color, and lots of fiber. I aim to pack at least 2 veggies and 1 fruit.
- Baby carrots
- Sugar snap peas
- Sliced bell peppers
- Sliced cucumbers
- Grape tomatoes
- Sliced apples
- Cubed pineapple
- Cubed melon
Carbs give us the much-needed energy for our day. Try opting for whole-grain options which offer more fiber. You can also swap the ingredients below for your favorite grain-free versions.
- Whole-grain crackers
- Pita wedges
- Pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced baguette
- Rice crackers
Healthy Adult Lunchable Combinations
Don’t know where to start? Here are some delicious Lunchable combinations using the ingredients above. Remember to swap items for ones you prefer and whatever you do, making it something you’ll want to eat.
- Cali Bento: deli turkey + sliced cucumber + grape tomatoes + pita chips + red pepper hummus
- Caprese: sliced baguette + grape tomatoes + cubed Mozzarella + pesto
- TexMex: tortilla chips + black olives + grape tomatoes + bell pepper + Pepper Jack cheese + guacamole
- Club Bento: deli turkey + sliced cucumber & carrots + grape tomatoes + cheese puffs
- Italian: salami + grape tomatoes + sliced pear + pita chips + cheese puffs
- Chicken & Hummus: grilled chicken + sliced cucumber + grape tomatoes + pita wedges + hummus + feta cheese
How to Meal Prep Lunchables for the Office
Lunchables and bento boxes are easy to prep ahead and will last longer in the fridge than most prepared food. Start with a compartmentalized container so you can keep dry and wet ingredients separate. From there:
- Divide the ingredients between the compartments, making sure to pack crackers, chips, etc. on their own.
- Pack your dip into a lidded sauce container and send it with the Lunchable!
Having a lunch container with compartments is important and my two favorite options are the EasyLunchBoxes and these glass containers. Both are perfect for the office and large enough to pack a substantial amount for adults.
Related: 60+ Meal Prep Lunch Ideas
- 4- ounces grilled or baked chicken, sliced
- 1 pita round, sliced into wedges
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- 1 ounce feta cheese
- ¼ cup hummus, or a 2 ounce cup
- Evenly divide the chicken, pita wedges, cucumber, tomatoes, and feta cheese into a lunch container with compartments. Pack the hummus into a lidded sauce container and send with the lunchable.