Who said Lunchables are for kids only? Adult Lunchables are a thing! Grab one of these ideas featuring fresh ingredients turned into a protein-packed lunch that’s perfect for the office or on the go.
You can add or remove ingredients for a snack-sized bite or a full lunch. Either way, they are easy to prep ahead and you’re going to love them.
I have a ton of meal prep recipes on this site, but now and then, it’s nice to switch from cooked recipes and salads to something that’s easy to assemble and just as delicious.
Related: 60+ Meal Prep Lunch Ideas
What Are Adult Lunchables
An adult Lunchable is filling a bento box with your choice of protein, veggies, crackers, dips, and fruit. The portions are larger, the ingredients fresher, and they look much better than the store-bought things kids beg for.
But let’s get back to YOUR lunch.
Whether you eat at a desk, kitchen table, or in the car- these Lunchables are a fun way to get the nutrients you need and don’t involve eating another salad.
You can also pack them ahead of time since most of the ingredients stay fresh for several days in the fridge. This way 3-4 lunches are ready to pack in your bag.
Read Next: Must-Have Adult Lunchboxes
Are They Healthy?
These adult Lunchables are a genius way to pack a balance of protein, fats, and carbs in one container. Unlike premade options, you have total control over what to include.
What To Put In Adult Lunchables
There are so many ways to create your own Lunchable, and they can be as simple or sophisticated as you like.
Keep in mind to pack according to your needs, whether that’s a high protein, low carb, or grain-free, and with the countless options listed below, that should be easy to do:
Don’t skip the protein! It’s one macronutrient that’s slow to digest and keeps you feeling full, longer.
- Deli turkey
- Deli ham
- Grilled or baked chicken
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Cheese- hard or soft options
- Baked falafel
Veggies & Fruit
This is where you add nutrients, color, and lots of fiber. I aim to pack at least 2 veggies and 1 fruit.
- Baby carrots
- Sugar snap peas
- Sliced bell peppers
- Sliced cucumbers
- Grape tomatoes
- Sliced apples
- Cubed pineapple
- Cubed melon
Carbs give us the much-needed energy for our day. Try opting for whole-grain options which offer more fiber. You can also swap the ingredients below for your favorite grain-free versions.
- Whole-grain crackers
- Pita wedges
- Pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced baguette
- Rice crackers
Healthy Adult Lunchable Combinations
Don’t know where to start? Here are some delicious Lunchable combinations using the ingredients above. Remember to swap items for ones you prefer and whatever you do, making it something you’ll want to eat.
- Cali Bento: deli turkey + sliced cucumber + grape tomatoes + pita chips + red pepper hummus
- Caprese: sliced baguette + grape tomatoes + cubed Mozzarella + pesto
- TexMex: tortilla chips + black olives + grape tomatoes + bell pepper + Pepper Jack cheese + guacamole
- Club Bento: deli turkey + sliced cucumber & carrots + grape tomatoes + cheese puffs
- Italian: salami + grape tomatoes + sliced pear + pita chips + cheese puffs
- Chicken & Hummus: grilled chicken + sliced cucumber + grape tomatoes + pita wedges + hummus + feta cheese
How to Meal Prep Lunchables for the Office
Lunchables and bento boxes are easy to prep ahead and will last longer in the fridge than most prepared food. Start with a compartmentalized container so you can keep dry and wet ingredients separate. From there:
- Divide the ingredients between the compartments, making sure to pack crackers, chips, etc. on their own.
- Pack your dip into a lidded sauce container and send it with the Lunchable!
Having a lunch container with compartments is important and my two favorite options are the EasyLunchBoxes and these glass containers. Both are perfect for the office and large enough to pack a substantial amount for adults.Print
Adult Lunchables are a thing! Grab one of these ideas featuring fresh ingredients turned into a protein-packed lunch that’s perfect for the office or on the go.
Start with this Chicken & Hummus Bento
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 lunchable 1x
- Category: Lunch
- 4–ounces grilled or baked chicken, sliced
- 1 pita round, sliced into wedges
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- 1–ounce feta cheese
- 2-ounce cup or 1/4 cup hummus
- Evenly divide the chicken, pita wedges, cucumber, tomatoes, and feta cheese into a lunch container with compartments. Pack the hummus into a lidded sauce container and send with the lunchable.
- Serving Size: 1 box
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Sodium: 305.4mg
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 22.3g
- Cholesterol: 54mg