Looking for spicy shrimp tacos to make taco night delicious? These easy cajun seasoned tacos are everything you’re looking for and more.
The fresh black bean salsa will fill your belly and your tortilla and the shrimp are perfectly seasoned with the right amount of Cajun spice.
If you need an easy recipe that comes together quick, these tacos are your answer! Also known as my Cajun Shrimp Tacos in the Taco Tuesday Cookbook, these are easy to make, packed with flavor, and extremely satisfying.
Ready to learn to make them? Let’s gooooo!
The Best Spicy Shrimp Tacos
The light dusting of cajun spices and the simplicity of the fresh flavors inside the tortilla make these the best spicy shrimp tacos you can make at home.
You can adjust the level of heat to your liking and paired with the feta cheese to balance out the spice and burst of freshness from the black bean salsa, these tacos will practically explode in your mouth.
Best of all, cook time and assembly take less than 15 minutes- that’s what I call a meal worth repeating.
This recipe proves you can enjoy great tacos from home, and I’ve got a lot more to share in the Taco Tuesday Cookbook. It’s filled with every kind of taco recipe imaginable: pork, fish, chicken, and even breakfast!
The Taco Tuesday Cookbook
These recipes will make every taco night the most exciting meal of your week! Eat great tacos, at home.
Grab your copy today!
Prep the Spicy Cajun Shrimp
Before cooking the shrimp, remove the shells, tails, and veins. You can complete this step the night before and refrigerate the shrimp in an airtight container, or purchase them shelled and deveined for a few extra dollars.
Once the shrimp are cleaned up, and your skillet is hot, pat them dry with a paper towel and generously sprinkle the Cajun seasoning on both sides. This tip will help the seasoning stick to the surface of the shrimp and create a beautiful golden-brown crust.
How to Cook Shrimp for Tacos
Shrimp are easy and fast to cook! Large shrimp need 4 minutes in a HOT skillet for the perfect sear and tender texture. Once they’re cooking, watch them closely and flip halfway through.
Watch how this epic recipe for spicy shrimp tacos comes together in this quick video.
What to Serve with Spicy Cajun Shrimp Tacos
These cajun shrimp tacos are topped with hearty black bean and corn salsa, feta cheese crumbles, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Each bite has so many great flavors and textures going on, and if you’re wondering why I didn’t mention avocado, don’t worry, it’s in the salsa.
Of course, you could add more delicious taco toppings like:
- Cotija cheese
- Regular salsa
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Pineapple Salsa– swap it for the corn and black bean salsa
What else would you add to these spicy cajun shrimp tacos?
Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ cups corn
- 15- ounce black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 corn or flour tortillas, store-bought or homemade, warmed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with Cajun seasoning.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, corn, black beans, red onion, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Toss to combine.
- Assemble the tacos by placing a small scoop of the black bean salsa onto each tortilla, add some shrimp, and top with crumbled feta and chopped cilantro.