I love puff pastry. It reminds me of my grandmother’s kitchen. She loved to make all sorts of easy puff pastry tarts or quiches for dinner. When you see how easy it is to make this puffy pastry quiche recipe, you’ll want to make it over and over again.
There are days where I don’t want to make intricate meals. It’s mid-afternoon and it’s too late to throw something in the crockpot. I want something quick, easy and delicious my whole family will love.
When I say quick, I mean fifteen minutes or less of prep-time and the oven or stove can do the rest. For this, I usually hit the freezer and pull out some puff pastry.
How to Make Quiche
I decided to use what I had left of my cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls and one zuchinni. The zucchini looks all pretty, don’t you think? You can get thin slices like that by using a grater. It’s so easy.
This awesome puff pastry quiche is a no frills recipe that makes a perfect quick dinner idea or a fun recipe to use for brunch.
Puff Pastry Quiche Recipe
Quiche looks complicated, but it’s a very easy dish to make for brunch or dinner. Here’s how it’s done.
- Unfold the puff pastry onto a pie dish
- Top with vegetables and cheeses
- Whisk eggs, rosemary, pepper and salt in a bowl. Whisk in yogurt.
- Pour egg mixture over toppings and puff pastry.
- Bake until pastry crust is puffed and golden and toppings are set. Around 20 minutes.
Puff Pastry Quiche Ingredients and Toppings
The ingredients for quiche are easy to swap for what you have on hand. The recipe below is made with zucchinis and tomatoes, but you can also try one of these quiche ideas.
- Bacon and cheese
- Ham and Cheese
- Tomato, basil and mozzarella
- Spinach and Cheese
- Roasted Asparagus
- Sautéed Mushrooms
- Onions or Shallots
- Shredded Potatoes
- Chopped Broccoli
- Sliced Olives
The ideas don’t end here. You can use your favorite veggies, cheese and meats and create your own puff pastry quiche masterpieces.
After you enjoy this puff pastry quiche, you can try this easy Spinach and Bacon mini quiche recipe that’s perfect to pack for lunch!
Easy Puff Pastry Quiche Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, half of one 17.3-ounce package, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 small zucchini, shaved with vegetable peeler
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream, I used yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold pastry sheet on to a pie dish. If you want it to have nice edges, go around and cut the excess puff pastry all the way around, leaving ¼ inch over lap. You can also lay it flat on a baking sheet and create a rectangular quiche.
- Top with tomatoes, zucchini and cheese.
- Whisk eggs, rosemary, pepper and salt in a bowl. Whisk in yogurt or sour cream. Pour egg mixture over toppings over puff pastry. Bake until pastries are puffed and golden and toppings are set, about 18-22 minutes.