Egg Rolls in a Bowl. Does it get any better than that? It’s the bowl you never want it to finish because every bite is oh.so.good. This low-carb meal is one the whole family is going to love and leftovers taste so so so good! Check out this healthy dinner comes together in the video below:
By far, eating egg rolls when they are fresh and hot are my favorite. But, I always feel that I’m biting into a big greasy roll and by the second (or third) egg roll, guilt sets it.
One day, I thought, what if I could turn my favorite guilty pleasure into a healthier option? I mean, if I could dump the egg rolls in a bowl and be just as satisfying?
Oh yeah. This recipe became my favorite way to enjoy Asian take out without going anywhere or straying from my grain-free lifestyle. It’s comforting and satisfying at the same time, and I don’t get that sluggish/brain fog as I do after a date with take-out.
So What are Egg Rolls In A Bowl
Short answer, everything you find in an egg roll from your favorite Asian take-out minus the crunchy shell. This recipe is much healthier and made with fresh shredded carrots, cabbage, ground pork, and seasonings. One bite and you can’t stop.
Are Egg Rolls In A Bowl Whole30 approved?
You better believe it! This recipe for egg rolls in a bowl is paleo, keto, and whole-30 friendly. I often make this while doing the Family Kickstart Program or when I need a healthy dinner- fast.
Family KickStart is like Whole30 but created for busy families to eliminate processed foods and sugars in just 30 days.
Even if you aren’t eating paleo, Whole30, or grain free, this is also a great meal option served over hot cooked rice.
How to make eggs rolls in a bowl
Unlike regular egg rolls, you won’t be rolling or frying. For this recipe, all you need is a large skillet, fresh veggies, and your choice of ground meat. I often use pork for the flavor but you could use ground turkey, chicken, or beef, whatever you have on hand.
Once the filling is ready, I like to serve it over steamed cauliflower rice with some Sriracha sauce drizzled on top. Soooo good, right?
This egg rolls in a bowl also doubles as a hot lunch for the whole family. I can meal prep this over the weekend and pack it inside a warmed thermos container for the office or school lunch. It’s one veggie-loaded meal my family won’t refuse. High-five!
Egg Rolls In A Bowl
This paleo Egg Roll in a bowl is loaded with flavor & comes together in minutes, it’s one veggie-loaded meal the whole family will love.
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 med onions, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, chicken, or pork (or finely chopped chicken).
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 16-ounce bag cauliflower rice or 4 cups riced cauliflower
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the sesame oil.
- Add the onion and sauté until the onions are translucent. Add the meat, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, and Sriracha, cook until the meat is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Sauté until the cabbage is tender.
- Before serving, prepare the cauliflower rice according to package instructions or if using your own, steam in the microwave or stove-top.
- Serve over the Egg Roll mixture over the cauliflower.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 273.5g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 26.8g