I love these Grain Free Morning Glory Muffins because they’re dense, nutritious and keep me feeling full throughout the day. Check out how easy it is to make. All you need is a food processor or a blender, and the batter comes together quickly!
For days when we have no time to spare, my kids love to grab these muffins as a great snack. And while everyone loves regular Morning Glory Muffins (with grains), I had to come up with a grain-free version to satisfy all the dietary needs in our house.
This recipe was developed for my third cookbook, The Best Grain-Free Family Meals on the Planet. For the book, I set out on a mission to come up with the perfect recipe and oh boy, I did it!
How to Make Morning Glory Muffins
I even made it easier and faster to prepare by making it a “food processor” or “blender” recipe. Because let’s face it, we’re all super busy these days and the less intimidating a recipe is, the more likely you are to try it.
I usually start by tossing all of the ingredients into the machine and scooping the batter into a lined muffin tin. If you don’t have a muffin tin, this recipe is also yummy in a grain free loaf pan. After they’re done, it’s rare that we’ll have leftovers, but if we do, I’ll pack them in lunch boxes or freeze the muffins.
Overall, these muffins are fantastic because of their adaptability. If you don’t have raisins, try cranberries or dates. No walnuts? How about some almonds or pecans? Anything goes, just make sure to keep the measurements the same.
If you feel inspired by this grain-free recipe and need more inspiration on how to cook healthy family meals check out the Family KickStart Program.
It’s a great source for providing fresh foods and filling recipes that taste just as great as a traditional diet, if not even tastier!
Plus, you’ll find recipes and resources to help you eliminated processed foods and sugars without sacrificing any of the flavors your family loves.
And it all starts with muffins… What is your favorite breakfast muffin?Print
Grain Free Morning Glory Muffin
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 8 muffins 1x
- Category: Muffins
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 8 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a food processor, combine flax meal, walnuts, and coconut flour until it resembles coarse sand. Add baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; pulse a few times to combine.
- Add raisins and pulse, until they are chopped and incorporated into mixture (you are not trying to make a paste, just a coarse dough of sorts).
- Add eggs and melted coconut oil and pulse a few times to incorporate. Fold in grated carrot just to combine.
- Spoon in about ¼ cup of muffin batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 45 minutes prior to eating.
Allergy Friendly: Substitute ¼ cup walnuts with ¼ cup sunflower seeds + 1 teaspoon additional melted coconut oil.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 7.4g
- Sodium: 154.7mg
- Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrates: 14.1g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 69.8mg