Doing paleo and craving something other than eggs for breakfast? These paleo breakfast ideas are a delicious way to fuel up for the day and include a variety to choose from like smoothies, baked goods, and power bowls.
Whether you are looking to eat more protein and veggies or reap the benefits of a paleo lifestyle, breakfast is still the most important meal of the day. These ideas are paleo-approved and go beyond the usual eggs and bacon, so you can start your morning off right.
What do You Eat for Breakfast on a Paleo Diet?
The Paleo diet is a version of clean eating that emphasizes whole foods and unprocessed ingredients. For me, it is an easy way to make sure my family is getting the nutrients they need to stay full and satisfied.
Plus, it helps me maintain my weight and keeps me energized enough to keep up with my busy lifestyle. For details on my full 30-day clean eating program, click here.
When following the Paleo diet, making lunch and dinner is a breeze. All you need to do is gather lean meat, veggies, and healthy fats. Then, add them to a salad, bake them in the oven, or toss them in the skillet, and you’ve got yourself a healthy meal in minutes.
But what about breakfast? I’ve pulled together some of my personal favorites in the video below so you can see just how delicious a paleo breakfast can be! Check them out and the visit the links below to print out your favorites.
Between oatmeal, muffins, and bread, it is easy to feel like everything you love is “off-limits.” I hope after watching the video above, you’ve seen that you don’t have to go without, just because You’re eating healthier.
Through years of trial and error, I’ve created so many Paleo-friendly alternatives to your your favorite breakfast recipes! Tried, tested, and true, these paleo breakfast recipes are guaranteed to please even your pickiest eaters. From pancakes to muffins to quiches, I’ve covered it all.
Gluten and grain-free, these Paleo Pancakes are everything you love about pancakes but better!
- Quick & Easy Shakshuka – This Quick & Easy Shakshuka is a veggie-filled breakfast that doubles as an easy dinner recipe.
- Bacon & Spinach Frittata – A different way to enjoy bacon and eggs while getting your veggies in. Frittatas can be made ahead and enjoyed for up to 3 days, making it the ideal prep-ahead meal.
- Strawberry Chia Seed Jelly – It’s easier than you can imagine to make this healthy jam, at home!
If you want to make paleo a part of your lifestyle or simply implement more healthy recipes into your family’s diet, the Family Kickstart Program is a perfect start. It’s a 4-week meal plan with kid-approved recipes, weekly shopping lists, and prep guides that make eating better as a family possible.
Paleo Breakfasts on the Go
Some mornings you just don’t have time to spend in the kitchen. For those days, these recipes can be prepped ahead of time and taken on the go.
Naturally gluten and grain-free, these Veggie Mini Quiches come together in minutes and are loaded with vitamins and nutrients.
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie Recipe – Great for picky eaters, this Blueberry Spinach Smoothie packs a full serving of vegetables, but all you taste (and see!) is the fruit.
- Coconut Pie Smoothie – Rich, creamy, and with just the right amount of sweetness, this Coconut Pie Smoothie is easy to throw in a cup and take along with you.
Paleo Breakfasts No Eggs
For those mornings when you just can’t stand to eat another egg, I’ve got you covered with the best grain-free toast alternatives.
- Sweet Potato Toasts – These Sweet Potato Toasts are made with berries and yogurt for a sweet breakfast full of protein.
- Paleo PBJ Toasts – A grain-free twist on a classic sandwich, these Paleo PBJ Toasts are nutritious and delicious!
Paleo Breakfast Bowls
Breakfast Bowls are the best way to add tons of nutrients to your day. Toss in meat, veggies, and more for a satisfying meal that tastes amazing.
Made with turkey bacon, cheese, and a fried egg, this Savory Breakfast Bowl is everything you love about comfort food made healthy.
- Butternut Squash Hash – Topped with a fried egg, this Butternut Squash Hash is the perfect combination of sweet and savory in every bite.
- Savory Breakfast Bowl with Summer Veggies – This Savory Breakfast Bowl with Summer Veggies comes together in a pinch and makes a balanced meal any time of the day.
- Roasted Vegetable Savory Breakfast Bowl – This Roasted Vegetable Savory Breakfast Bowl is made with sheet pan roasted vegetables for a new way to enjoy oatmeal!
When making breakfast bowls that call for oatmeal, you can swap the oats in the recipes for sweet potatoes, cauliflower rice or roasted butternut squash.
Paleo Baked Goods for Breakfast
Going Paleo doesn’t mean you have to give up baked goods! Check out these recipes to cure all your starch cravings.
Moist and springy, these Blueberry Coconut Flour Muffins are made with just 5 grams of net carbs for the best bite-sized treats.
- Grain-Free Paleo Bread – Grain-free and made in the blender, this Paleo Bread is an easy way to enjoy toast again!
- Paleo Blueberry Muffins with Almond Flour -These Paleo Blueberry Muffins with Almond Flour come together in the blender, and cleanup is a breeze!
- Almond Flour Biscuits -These low-carb almond flour biscuits are perfect for breakfast! Cover them with nut butter or jam. Or use them to make a breakfast sandwich.
- Morning Glory Muffins – These Morning Glory Muffins are dense, nutritious, and will leave you feeling full all day.
- Pumpkin Scones – Made with eggs, pumpkin, and grain-free flour, these Pumpkin Scones are filled with healthy fats, vitamins, and nutrients. Enjoy them all year long!
- Grain-Free Scones – These Grain Free Bluberry Scones are made with almond flour and coconut flour and packed full of blueberries. Need I say more?
Paleo Breakfast Cookies
Like regular cookies, but better, breakfast cookies are a healthy way to feel like you’re cheating on your diet.
- Paleo Breakfast Cookie – This Paleo Breakfast Cookie is packed with healthy fats, fiber, and tons of deliciousness!
More Paleo Recipe Ideas
If you need more paleo recipe ideas to fill your day, I’ve got you covered with these snack, lunch, and dinner recipes below.
Which paleo breakfast option will you try first?Print
20 Best Paleo Breakfast Ideas
The best Paleo breakfast recipes on the internet! You’ll find cookies, oatmeal alternatives, eggless breakfasts and paleo bowls.
Start the breakfast party with this Paleo butternut squash and chorizo hash recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Skillet
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 12 ounces (340 g) chorizo sausage
- ½ cup (80 g) onion, chopped
- 16 ounces (454 g) cubed squash
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups (135 g) kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) lime juice
- 4 eggs
- Remove chorizo from casing and cook in a large skillet for about four minutes. Remove and set aside; keep the drippings in the pan.
- Add the onions, and cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes until golden and soft. Add squash, garlic powder, and cumin to the skillet and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prior to serving, cook eggs on a greased medium pan, to your desired doneness, such as over-easy. Place egg over the hash and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cup + 1 egg
- Calories: 571
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Sodium: 1718.3mg
- Fat: 37.8g
- Saturated Fat: 13.9g
- Carbohydrates: 30.2g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 29.7g
- Cholesterol: 261mg