Perfect hard-boiled eggs with a creamy no mayo dressing make this Avocado Egg Salad both a healthy and delicious lunch you can whip up in no time.
It doesn’t get any more simple than an egg salad when it comes to easy lunches for the office or school.
I like to make a batch of hard-boiled eggs when I meal prep and use them throughout the week for quick snacks or as the main source of protein for all sorts of lunches.
This Avocado Egg Salad is perfect for anyone who isn’t a fan of mayonnaise, the creamy avocado dressing adds more flavor and healthy fats to an already delicious meal, what do you say we make one real quick?
Is Avocado Egg Salad Healthy
This egg salad is made with hard-boiled eggs, avocado, Greek yogurt, and seasonings, it’s much lighter and a more nutrient-dense option compared to traditional egg salad which uses mayonnaise.
Each serving has only 170 calories with 4 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of protein, and 12 grams of fat, top it over a bed of lettuce or sandwich in between whole-grain bread and you have a solid, well-balanced meal.
How to Make Avocado Egg Salad
Your ingredients, a bowl, and let’s make this egg salad!
Make the dressing
In a medium bowl, mash the avocado until completely smooth. Add the yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
Add the eggs
Toss in your chopped hard-boiled eggs and stir until ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Add a scoop of egg salad to 4 slices of bread and assemble the sandwiches. Slice in half and serve.
Watch the video below to see how quickly this easy egg salad recipe comes together:
The ingredients for this egg salad are simple and probably already in your fridge. I love making this recipe with the last few hard-boiled eggs leftover from the week and that avocado that’s about to be too ripe for use.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Boiled Eggs – need perfect hard-boiled eggs that are easy to peel? Got you covered!
- Avocado – this healthy source of monosaturated fat adds both a creamy texture and flavor.
- Greek yogurt – gives this egg salad a tangy flavor, only a tablespoon is needed.
- Lemon juice – brightens the flavor.
- Yellow mustard – what’s egg salad without mustard?
- Salt and pepper – basic but essential.
How to Serve Avocado Egg Salad
Once the egg salad is ready you can serve it any way you like. Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy this recipe (when I’m not eating it straight from the bowl).
- On a Sandwich
- Cloud Bread sandwich- a great low carb option
- In a whole wheat wrap
- On a bed of lettuce
- With crackers
How to Prep Ahead
At most, this avocado egg salad can be prepared right before assembling lunch or early that same morning. If you want to make this lunch and still save time, prepare the hard-boiled eggs ahead of time to have them ready on hand. You’ll still have lunch ready to go in less than 5 minutes.
I have a few easy methods for making hard-boiled eggs that are easy to peel, so I’ll let you decide which route you want to go:
How Long Does It Last?
Unfortunately, this avocado egg salad isn’t the kind of lunch you’ll want to prep days in advance. the avocado tends to brown quickly which can give this salad a brownish/grey tint. I recommend making it no more than 1-4 hours before you plan to use it.Print
Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
Perfect hard-boiled eggs with a creamy texture make this Avocado Egg Salad both a healthy and delicious lunch you can whip up fast!
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: lunches
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt (or any plain yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 8 slices bread
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado until completely smooth. Add the yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- To the avocado dressing, add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Add a scoop of egg salad to 4 slices of bread and assemble the sandwiches.
- Slice in half and serve.
- Serving Size: ½ cup
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Sodium: 415.3mg
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.1g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 10.6g
- Cholesterol: 279.6mg
Keywords: avocado egg salad, no mayo egg salad