Looking for an easy Grab the Gold Bar Recipe? This one is easy to make and much cheaper!
Watch how quick and easy these post-workout bars are to make in this recipe video and then I’ll walk you through everything, step by step.
My gym sells Grab the Gold bars for about $3. I made the mistake of trying them once and loving them. I say “mistake” because they were perfectly oaty and delicious.
A friend of mine said she made a similar pan-sized recipe but that they didn’t hold as well as the original. After a few tweaks, I am happy to say that my homemade Grab the Gold Bars are just as delicious as the expensive ones!
Round bars you ask? Well yes, that’s how the original bars are shaped. I used a round biscuit cutter to shape these. Although, you can also use the rim of a glass to shape them round. For consistency’s sake, I’m a purist at heart. What can I say?
How to Make Grab the Gold Bars
Unlike other no-bake recipes, these bars are made with simple ingredients like quick oats, almond flour, peanut butter (or any no nut butter), honey, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract, and almond milk- to keep it dairy-free.
So grab your supplies, and let’s get this recipe rolling.
- Combine the oat flour with almond meal.
If you don’t have almond flour on hand, I use this one. It’s a great flour substitute and helps keep these bars, gluten-free.
- Create the sauce.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk slowly until smooth and cohesive.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and use a large spoon or your hands to combine into a thick dough.
- Press it down
Transfer the dough into a lined 9 x 9-inch pan, cover with plastic wrap, and press down into an even layer.
Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Slice and serve
Remove the bars from the refrigerator and use a biscuit cutter into even rounds. Optional- use your favorite cookie cutter to make these into different shapes.
Whatever you have leftover, you can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or one month in the freezer.
Other Gluten-Free Snack Bars and Bites
If you love homemade no-bake snacks, you’re in the right place! While gluten-free storebought snacks are convenient, nothing beats homemade. They’re less expensive, and you have full control of what goes into the recipe. Here are more gluten-free snack bars and bites that are no-bake and better tasting than storebought!
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Healthy Brownie Energy Bites
- No-Bake Pumpkin Bites
- High Fiber Chocolate Bites
- 2 Ingredient Magic Cookies
But let’s get started today, with these Grab the Gold Bars!
Homemade Grab the Gold Bars
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup peanut butter or nut-free butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quick oats and almond flour and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Whisk constantly until everything is melted into a cohesive mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a large spoon, combine into a thick dough.
- Transfer dough into the lined pan, cover with plastic wrap and press down to spread into an even layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- With a biscuit cutter or upside-down glass, cut into round bars or simply slice into 9 squares.
- Refrigerate leftover bars for up to 5 days or wrap individually and freeze up to 1 month.
- Make this recipe nut-free by substituting the almond flour with oat flour and the peanut butter with a nut-free butter.