Looking for an easy Grab the Gold Bar Recipe? This one is easy to make and much cheaper!
My gym sells Grab the Gold bars for about $3. I made the mistake of trying them once and loving them. I say “mistake” because they were perfectly oaty and delicious. A friend of mine said she made a similar pan-sized recipe but that they didn’t hold as well as the original. After a few tweaks, I am happy to say that my homemade Grab the Gold Bars are just as delicious.
Round bars you ask? Well yes, that’s how the original bars are shaped. I used a round biscuit cutter to shape these. Although, you can also use the rim of a glass to shape them round. For consistency’s sake, I’m a purist at heart. What can I say.
The second batch pictured have chocolate. Because. Well, it’s chocolate. And I like variety. Need I say more? 😉
Homemade Grab the Gold Bars
Easy to make homemade grab the gold bars are naturally gluten free and so good! This ist he perfect post-workout snack or bar to enjoy on the go!
- Yield: 10-12 rounds 1x
- Measure out all ingredients. Put oats and almond flour in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, all all the other ingredients. Warm until everything is melted and mixed well. I use a metal whisk to slowly mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry bowl. Mix all ingredients until a thick pasty mix has formed.
- Transfer mix into a 9×9 pan. Cover with saran wrap and press down to spread uniformly.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.
- With a biscuit cutter or upside down glass, cut into circular “bars.”
- Store up to 5 days in fridge or 1 month in freezer.
Since all nut butters vary in consistency, you might have to add a bit more quick oats if the mixture is too sticky.
The original recipe does not contain almond flour, it contains soy flour which provides more protein and reduces the fat of this recipe. You may substitute the almond flour with the soy flour but note that the nutritional data will change and we found it to be a bit chalky.