This pumpkin swirl brownies recipe is moist, delicious and a fall staple. My kids love brownies, but in the fall, I take the opportunity to make all things pumpkin.
You simply can’t beat brownies. Within five minutes of entering the oven my entire house smells of warm chocolatey bliss…and with the addition of pumpkin in this recipe, it’s fall meets chocolate. So you simply can’t go wrong!
Of course, my kids will devour anything brownie. At the slightest hint of the aroma making its way through the house my kids come running and I simply can’t get them into their hands fast enough! Add a tall glass of milk and these pumpkin brownies will turn any ordinary night into something special!
Pumpkin Spice Brownies
This is one of those recipes that just can’t be made one time and then forgotten. Year after year I bring it out, it’s a perfect way to welcome the fall season! Bring this recipe to any fall or holiday party and you’ll be a rockstar.
Getting your kids involved is simple with this recipe. My son loves to mix the chocolate while my daughter likes to take the credit for the pretty swirl.
Can I Use A Brownie Box Mix for This Recipe?
Yes, you can use a box mix to make this recipe. All you have to do is omit the brownie ingredients and follow the directions on the box to make the batter.
After that, follow the directions in the recipe below to incorporate the pumpkin swirl into the box mix brownie batter.Print
Pumpkin Brownie Recipe
These tasty pumpkin brownies are perfectly swirled with chocolate and creamy pumpkin to make the perfect Fall dessert!
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 45
- Yield: 24 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups pumpkin puree (canned is ok)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan or dish. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; butter lining.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; set aside. Put sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until fluffy and well combined, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in flour mixture.
- Divide batter between two medium bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Stir chocolate mixture into one bowl. In other bowl, stir in pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Transfer half of chocolate batter to prepared pan smoothing top with a rubber spatula. Top with half of pumpkin batter. Repeat to make one more chocolate layer and one more pumpkin layer. Work quickly so batters don’t set.
- With a small spatula or a table knife, gently swirl the two batters to create a marbled effect.
- Bake until set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.
I made this recipe in a larger 9×13 pan in the photos. I multiplied the ingredients by 1 ½. The brownies in a 9×9 pan are taller and more gooey. If you stretch the recipe to a 9×13 pan as is, check baking time 10 minutes sooner because the batter will be thinner.
I’ve received a lot of requests for a boxed brownie adaptation. If you want to use a boxed brownie mix, follow the directions in the box, then come to the recipe on Step 4 and begin by dividing the batter. Bake in the pan size suggested in the box mix and follow baking directions on the box.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 15.6g
- Sodium: 26.9mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 25.6g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 42.7mg
Keywords: pumpkin brownies, pumpkin brownie recipe, pumpkin spice brownies