One dish, 30 minute meals are my favorite. This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Chicken is simple, full of flavor, and delicious.
If you’ve never cooked hummus before, you’re about to fall in love with this recipe. The chicken is juicy, flavorful and this is one healthy chicken dinner idea that the whole family will enjoy.
This quick dinner is one of my go-to recipes when I’m running low on ingredients. Being from Spain, we’re literally never out of hummus at my house, then all I need is some chicken and chopped veggies and we’re halfway to a one-pan dinner.
What type of Hummus Is Best for Hummus Chicken
Choosing a favorite hummus flavor is like choosing a favorite child, they’re all SO GOOD.
For hummus chicken, you can make your own hummus if you want to go with classic flavors, but if you want to mix it up you can try other flavors. For the recipe below, I used Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
I’ve also used Sabra’s Luscious Lemon Hummus with this Hummus Chicken Bake. It brings a whole new dimension to traditional baked lemon chicken.
So really, you’re good to grab your favorite hummus (lemon, red pepper, garlic, classic…) and get ready to make your new favorite chicken recipe.
How to Make Hummus Chicken
This is one of my go-to recipes because it’s so quick, the whole dish comes together in under 30 minutes. Here’s what you do.
Preheat the oven, and prep your meat and vegetables by seasoning with salt and pepper.
Place vegetables in the bottom of your baking dish as you base. Then layer on lemon and chicken.
Spread hummus over the top of the chicken breasts so they are completely covered.
Grab a lemon and squeeze it’s juice over all of the chicken and vegetables.
Pop everything in the oven and bake for 25-30 mins.
See? Literally couldn’t be easier! Grab all the measurements and print this recipe below.Print
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Chicken
Juicy hummus chicken that comes together in one baking dish.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 large yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (use this if using traditional hummus or want extra smoky flavor)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a 9×9 or 9×13 baking dish with oil or with cooking spray. I used a 10×10 and it was a little tight, but it worked well.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Place sliced zucchini and onions on the bottom of the baking dish to form a base layer. Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices on top of the vegetables.
- Place the four chicken breasts evenly on top of the vegetables, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so that the entire breast is covered.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Then sprinkle the tops with smoked paprika (optional).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (165F-170F) and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.