This post brought to you by Sabra Dipping Co, LLC.. All opinions are 100% mine.
One dish, 30 minute meals are my favorite. This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Chicken is simple, full of flavor, and delicious. If you’ve never cooked your hummus before you might want to try it now!
Lunch ideas come easily, but dinner is a whole other animal. For some unknown reason, coming up with what to eat that’s fresh, healthy, and quick doesn’t come naturally (and on the spot) in the evenings. As a working mom, I’m just as tired as my kids are by 5pm.
This recipe is my go-to “I have nothing left to eat” and “I just got back from a trip and we have nothing left to eat” recipe. Lately, both have been happening a lot. We always have Sabra hummus and zucchinis in our fridge, chicken in my freezer, and everything else called for here in my pantry.
My entire family loves this recipe. Depending what type of hummus I have on hand, they eat more or less of the “chicken topping” as my daughter calls it. I used Sabra’s Roasted Red Pepper Hummus today, but any other variety will work. One of my favorites is the Luscious Lemon with this chicken. It brings a whole new dimension to traditional baked lemon chicken.
If you don’t’ have this specific variety of humus at your store, any Sabra hummus will work. I even make this with the traditional (plain) hummus and squeeze a little lemon juice in it prior to spreading. It’s delicious! To top it off, the whole dish comes together in under 30 minutes.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Chicken Recipe
You’ll never want to eat plain grilled chicken again after you try this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 large yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (use this if using traditional hummus or want extra smoky flavor)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a 9×9 or 9×13 baking dish with oil or with cooking spray. I used a 10×10 and it was a little tight, but it worked well.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Place sliced zucchini and onions on the bottom of the baking dish to form a base layer. Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices on top of the vegetables.
- Place the four chicken breasts evenly on top of the vegetables, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so that the entire breast is covered.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Then sprinkle the tops with smoked paprika (optional).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (165F-170F) and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
For more awesome hummus recipes, Like Sabra on Facebook