Some recipes are so good; they deserve a full spread inside a magazine. Like this Rosemary Chicken, Avocado and Hummus Melt for example. It’s the ultimate way to eat those ingredients we already love.
It’s no secret that I’m a bit obsessed with perfectly roasted chicken. For years, I’ve roasted two chickens on any given Sunday, eaten one for dinner and saved leftovers for other delicious chicken recipes.
Having cooked chicken on hand is one of the best kitchen shortcuts you can provide yourself, and this sandwich is just one of the many amazing recipes you can create in a snap when you have deliciously juicy chicken ready to be eaten.
You already know we are big fans of Sabra Hummus and recently, Sabra has introduced a new line of Hummus Spreads that are simply delicious! It’s a refrigerated spread made with hummus that can be used in place of mayo in sandwiches, wraps, pinwheels and more. The taste is delicious, and it adds a burst of flavor to any plain sandwich.
I’m not saying this chicken melt is plain, but adding a little of the hummus spread on the bread before grilling brings this sandwich to a whole new level. Even if you use the plainest version of grilled chicken or canned chicken for this sandwich, the spread’s flavors will provide the oomph you are looking for to carry this recipe through.
Wait.a.minute, said your brain just a second after reading the ingredients in the recipe below. Grilled avocado? Oh yes! Grilling the avocado in this sandwich with the melted cheese, hummus spread, and chicken intensifies the “melt” experience.
Trust me; this is no ordinary grilled chicken sandwich. It goes from good to great with the wholesome ingredients from start to finish. Crispy, delicious, and good until the last final bite.
You can find Sabra’s new line of Spreads in the refrigerated deli section of your grocery store. With 75% less fat than mayo, it’s a great choice to spread and add flavor to any sandwich or wrap.
What foods do you like to combine with the awesome flavors of hummus?
Rosemary Chicken, Avocado, and Hummus Melts
- Yield: 4 sandwiches 1x
- 1 roasted rosemary chicken
- Sabra Spread
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 4 slices Havarti cheese
- 8 slices thick rustic bread (like a sourdough boule or loaf)
- butter for grilling
- Carve roasted chicken into thick slices, beginning at the breast, and set aside. Reserve remaining chicken for lunches or another recipe.
- On a flat surface, place 8 slices of bread and spread a generous layer or Sabra’s Garlic Spread over each bread slice. Mash ¼ of an avocado over each bread slice. Place one slice of Havarti cheese over four of the bread slices, top with chicken and close sandwich.
- Generously butter both sides of the bread, and grill, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until the outside is golden brown, and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately with kettle chips or salad.
From time to time, I work with awesome companies to develop recipes for this website. Today’s post was brought to you by Sabra. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity.