Nov 20, 2018
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
No matter when you make them, for breakfast or dinner, these pancake tacos hold up for the job of being stuffed with your favorite ingredients!
Unlike other pancake recipes, the one you’ll find in this post is extra fluffy, so the pancakes can be turned into a hand-held meal: a taco!
Taco Pancakes for Breakfast
Fluffy pancakes are a classic breakfast staple that pair great with eggs, bacon, or sausage. And you know what makes that trio more fun to eat? Skipping the fork and turning it into a taco!
While pancakes are a classic weekend breakfast or brunch, they’re also a terrific meal idea for a breakfast-for-dinner option since the pancake batter comes together fast, and you can have an entire meal ready to eat in about 15 minutes.
This is just one of the many breakfast taco recipes on my website and inside my cookbook, The Taco Tuesday Cookbook.
The list below includes all the ingredients you’ll need to make the pancakes AND tacos:
- All-purpose flour: I prefer to use regular flour.
- Baking powder: a leavening agent that creates fluffy pancakes.
- Salt: enhances the other ingredient flavors.
- Sugar: makes them a little sweet.
- Milk: regular milk or your favorite non-dairy alternative.
- Eggs: for the pancakes AND taco filling.
- Butter: makes everything taste better.
- Breakfast sausage: any of your favorite breakfast sausage options or bacon.
- Maple syrup: adds delicious sweet flavor with all the savory breakfast ingredients.
As always, you’ll find the ingredient amounts and detailed cooking instructions in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.
How to Make Pancake Tacos
Gather those ingredients, and in just 15 minutes, you can make a breakfast or taco night to remember!
- Prepare the pancakes
Use this recipe to make a batch. Set aside and keep the pancakes warm.
- Scramble some eggs
In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat. Pour off excess grease and add the eggs. Scramble until fluffy.
Place a scoop of the sausage and egg mixture into each pancake. Drizzle with some maple syrup, and you’re ready to eat!
Watch how quickly these pancake tacos are made in this short video:
More Ways to Fill Taco Pancakes
With the right pancake recipe, you can turn a pancake into a variety of filled taco pancakes. Here are some other ways to fill them:
- Spread Nutella + diced strawberries
- Vanilla Greek yogurt + blueberries
- Scrambled eggs + cheese
- Cheese + spicy guacamole + pico de gallo
- Peanut butter + fresh berries (or jam)
- Peanut butter + sliced bananas
- Sliced bananas + Nutella
- Bacon + Fried egg
- Berries + whipped cream
Best-Ever Pancake Tacos
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 10 large eggs divided
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 8 ounces sausage crumbled
- ½ cup maple syrup
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the milk, egg, and butter. Mix with a whisk or fork until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or large pan over medium-high heat, I set my griddle at 300-350 F.
- Pour or scoop ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Wait until bubbles form to flip. Continue cooking for an additional minute to cook through, and brown on the other side. Remove from the pan or griddle and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage over medium-high heat in a separate large skillet. Pour off the excess grease and add the eggs; scramble until fluffy.
- To assemble, scoop some of the scrambled egg mixture onto a pancake and drizzle with syrup.
The pancake recipe for these breakfast tacos was the best I’ve had. Perfect breakfast for dinner idea my family really enjoyed.
These pancake tacos are soooo good! I made them for breakfast and my family loved them! Epic!!