I love serving guacamole at parties because it’s not only delicious, but it’s also a hit with my guests. Today’s ultimate guacamole bar idea is one you can make for game day or when entertaining family and guests.
For years, I’d leave the guacamole making for the last minute, since avocados tend to brown quickly, even in the refrigerator, and they no longer look as appetizing to my guests. Recently, I discovered NatureSeal, a blend of vitamins, minerals and organic acids specifically designed to inhibit browning of guacamole and avocado; also my partners in creating this video for you.
What I love about creating a guacamole bar the idea is that guests can turn the guacamole into their meal creation. By adding black beans and corn, it’s now a substantial filling to a vegetarian taco –which is why I also like to place a few warm tortillas on the side as well.
Like spicy guacamole? Add additional jalapeños to the guacamole for a more adventurous bite.
My favorite, though, is adding finely chopped pineapple and Pico de gallo to my basic guacamole. The sweetness from the pineapple stands out in the guacamole.
Of course, there will always be someone at the party who will load their guacamole with every topping imaginable, because just like on pizza, the more toppings, the better!
The great thing about using the – wholesome NatureSeal powder when making guacamole is that the avocados stay green up to 4 hours at room temperature; so although my guests are always excited to devour this guacamole bar within the first fifteen minutes of serving it, it ensures it continues to look appetizing throughout the party. NatureSeal also works with avocado slices, which is great for any appetizer platter.
What’s better is that any leftover guacamole that I’ve kept in the fridge stays fresh and green up to 5 days. Having fresh guacamole ready to go in the fridge also saves me time and effort in the kitchen because now I can use it up throughout the next couple of days in delicious meals like tacos, pork carnitas, and more.
How would you customize your guacamole?
The Ultimate Guacamole Bar
- Yield: 8-12 servings 1x
For the guacamole:
- 6–7 avocados, pitted, meat removed
- 2 medium shallots, chopped (1 small onion, ½ cup chopped)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeds and pulp removed, diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juiced (or lemon)
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet NatureSeal
For the mix-ins:
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup corn, thawed
- 2 cups Pico de Gallo (chunky, fresh salsa)
- 1–2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 jalapeños, sliced with seeds intact
- chopped cilantro
- Yellow corn chips
- Blue corn chips
- In a large bowl, place the avocado meat. Using a fork, roughly mash it, making sure you leave a few chunks behind. Add in the contents of one NatureSeal packet and thoroughly mix to distribute evenly throughout.
- To the mashed avocados, add chopped shallots, tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt, mix to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place “mix-ins” into individual bowls, keeping any extras in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, place main guacamole on the table and mix-ins next to it. Instruct guests to serve themselves a generous scoop of guacamole onto a plate and create different combinations by adding their own mix-ins into their guacamole. Serve with blue and yellow corn chips.
From time to time, I work with awesome companies to develop recipes for this website. Today’s post was brought to you by NatureSeal. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity.