The perfect combination of spicy and sweet, this Sriracha Chicken with Honey & Garlic is the ultimate weeknight recipe!
You won’t believe how easy it is to make.
Honey Sriracha Chicken
Not your typical boring chicken, this honey sriracha variety is loaded with flavor from real-food ingredients. The best part? This recipe is much healthier than the traditional deep-fried alternatives.
This chicken has all of the sriracha flavors you love but tamed down with honey providing the perfect mix of sweet and spicy that even kids will love.
What does Sriracha Taste Like?
Living in Louisiana, hot sauce goes on everything, and I mean everything. In my opinion, sriracha is a great choice, because it adds so much more than just heat. Made with chilis, sugar, and garlic, it is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavors, especially when paired with chicken.
How to Make this Spicy Chicken Marinade
Chop the garlic cloves and ginger into extremely small pieces.
Squeeze all of the juice from the lime.
Combine the sriracha sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and lime juice in a small bowl, mixing until even.
How Long to Marinate the Chicken in Honey Sriracha Sauce
In order to absorb the full flavor of the marinade, the chicken should marinate for at least four hours. If you want to prep the meat ahead of time, it can be left up to overnight, but be careful not to marinate the chicken too long. When chicken is left to marinade for too long, it may become too tough to eat.
If you are pressed for time you can try my quick lemon marinade which only needs 20 minutes to achieve epic lemony goodness.
How to Cook Honey Sriracha Marinated Chicken
Before I take you through this easy recipe step by step, watch this quick video to see the entire process.
While the oven heats to 375F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange the chicken thighs evenly on the baking sheet, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Halfway through cooking, baste the chicken with the leftover sriracha marinade.
- Take Temperature
When the chicken skin appears to be dark and crispy, make sure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 175F before removing it from the oven.
What to Serve With Sriracha Chicken
Since the sriracha chicken has so much flavor by itself, I like to pair it with simple sides. My favorite way to eat this recipe is over a bed of rice and topped with green onions to bring out even more flavor.
Feel free to use cauliflower rice if you’re following a low-carb diet. Or, add in any additional vegetables for a complete, healthy dinner.
Sriracha Chicken with Honey and Garlic
- ¼ cup Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Sriracha sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and lime juice. Add the chicken thighs and sauce to a large zip bag or airtight container. Seal and toss, making sure to coat each piece.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the zip bag and place them onto the baking sheet. Reserve marinade.
- Bake the chicken for 35 - 40 minutes, basting with the marinade halfway through, or until the skin is dark, crispy and the internal temperature 175F.
- While the chicken bakes, prepare the rice according to package directions. Remove the chicken from the oven, allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving with cooked rice and topping with green onions.