Have you ever browsed through a cookbook and had one recipe stand out and say… make me!?
This happened to me as soon as I opened Marina Delio’s Yummy Mummy Kitchen Book and saw her Strawberry Lemonade Tiramisu Recipe.
I have a love affair with cookbooks; and now that I’ve been immersed in the blogging world for over 3 years, I particularly love purchasing recipe books by other fellow food bloggers.
You see, I’ve been a fan of Marina’s page for a while… she uses seasonal ingredients that I wish my farmer’s market carried and her photos make me drool over my keyboard every time I read her posts. Oh yeah, she is a mom of 2 beautiful girls. So the fact that she does what she does with both of them… more kudos to her.
Ok, back to this recipe. One of the reasons the recipe stood out is because I love strawberries. I love freshly whipped cream… and I haven’t had lady fingers in over 25 years!
This recipe is super simple to make but it has all the fresh flavors of spring and early summer. I think it would make a fabulous mother’s day or any-given-Sunday brunch treat.
How could I not make it? There is no baking or precise measuring –two things I’m not fond of–and eating lady fingers brought me back to my childhood when my grandma would give me a lady finger or two and let me dip them in her coffee and milk.
If you think whipping your own cream is a difficult task, just look at this picture. The stand mixer does all the work! Seriously. And, because you are mixing it with a delicious lemon curd (mine is store-bought) you don’t need to add any additional sugar. Therefore, stop buying that canned stuff and put that decade-old wedding gift to use –yes, I am referring to that heavy stand mixer you sometimes look at and wish you used more often.
Marina pictured hers in single glass cups. So I figured I’d serve them individually too. In the end, the recipe is delicious so you can’t go wrong with layering everything on a 8-inch pan or individual cups. They look fancy, don’t they? Oh, but like many of the recipes in the book… this one was super easy to make.
It was really hard to pick a recipe to make and share with you. One of the things you’ll learn when you get your own book is that Marina writes little tips and life stories between each recipe. I LOVE that. I follow her on instagram, been reading her blog for a while… but her book really wrapped it all up for me. As someone who develops recipes and finds the time to share them with you on this blog, I can appreciate all the hard work and in-between-naps photo sessions Marina has put in to make it all happen.
Because really, sometimes we have to squeeze it all in… work, making recipes, juggling the kiddos… life.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have –and hopefully, I’ll share a few more of hers with you.
Strawberry Lemonade Tiramisu Recipe – Yummy Mummy Kitchen
- 1 cup whipping cream, cold
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup lemon curd
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 6 oz box ladyfinger cookies
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- ½ cup strawberries, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream until stiff enough to hold soft peaks. Add the mascarpone and lemon curd and continue to beat until just combined.
- Pour the lemonade into a large shallow bowl. Quickly dip the ladyfingers in the lemonade and place the soaked cookies into an 8-inch square baking dish or 6 4-inch individual bowls. Ladyfingers can be cut to fit the dish or bowls.
- Spread ½ inch of the mascarpone cream over the lady fingers.
- Arrange a single layer of strawberry slices over the cream. Continue layering soaked ladyfingers, cream and strawberries. The number of layers will vary depending on the size of the dish. Garnish with strawberries, lemon slices or peel, and mint if desired.