These French toasts are cooked to perfection with puffy middles and golden exteriors, making your weekend breakfast delicious!
Can You Make French Toast with Almond Milk?
I love using almond milk when I make French toast for breakfast because I find that its nutty flavor compliments the recipe very well.
Using almond milk makes this recipe dairy-free and if you use vanilla-flavored almond milk, it’s even more delicious!
This recipe uses similar ingredients to the classic French Toast recipe. You’ll need:
- Almond milk: regular or vanilla, sweet or unsweetened. Use the one you typically buy.
- Eggs: an essential ingredient for French toast!
- Sugar: a little, so it caramelizes and gives the bread a golden exterior.
- Vanilla: is it even French toast without it?
- Salt: a pinch to enhance the flavor.
- Cinnamon: an essential ingredient that makes this recipe delicious and pairs great with almond milk.
- Bread: use thicker slices of bread are best for French toast.
*You’ll find the measurements to this recipe in the recipe card below.
Best Bread to Use for French Toast
Thicker bread slices work best for French toast because they soak up the milk and egg mixture without falling apart. Some favorites to use are Texas Toast, Italian bread, sourdough, and cinnamon raisin bread.
How to Make Almond Milk French Toast
Making this delicious breakfast is super easy! here is what you’ll do:
- Make the wet mixture:
Combine all the ingredients in a large shallow dish.
- Soak the bread:
One by one, soak each slice of bread for approximately 30-seconds per side, right before you cook them.
- Cook the French Toast:
Grease a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat and cook the soaked bread slices for about 2 minutes on the first side, flip, and cook for another minute.
- Serve and add toppings:
Serve the cooked French toast with your favorite toppings and drizzle with syrup.
How to Top Your French Toast
From fresh fruit, like banana slices or berries, to one of these epic toppings, French Toast makes the perfect base! I also love changing up my syrups; and using Cinnamon syrup, Strawberry Syrup, and Blueberry Syrup!
Easy French Toast with Almond Milk
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk, your favorite
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 thick slices of bread
- Syrup, for serving
Make the soaking mixture:
- In a large, wide bottom bowl, beat eggs, almond milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon with wire whisk until smooth.
Dip the bread:
- Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture for about 30 seconds, just enough to soak up some of the mixture on each side but don’t soak it for too long.
Cook the French toast:
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Once hot, grease with oil, spray, or butter (omit if dairy-free).
- Immediately, place several bread slices on the greased hot pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side, and once golden, flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes on the other side. Repeat this process with the remaining bread slices and soaking mixture.
- Serve the cooked French toast slices with your favorite toppings and syrup.