Homemade Cinnamon syrup is liquid gold and perfect for pancakes, waffles, or even drizzled over warm oats! Watch how easy this pancake elixir is to make in the video:
How to Make Cinnamon Syrup
All you need is one saucepot and three simple ingredients: ground cinnamon, cinnamon sticks, and maple syrup!
Combine the ingredients in the saucepot, heat over medium-low heat and congratulations! You’ve made your first batch of liquid gold. Talk about E-A-S-Y!
How to Make Syrup Using Fresh Cinnamon Sticks
Essentially this is cinnamon infused maple syrup. The process of heating cinnamon sticks in syrup melds the two flavors together and let me tell you, it’s a match made in heaven.
Be sure to use fresh cinnamon sticks which you can find in the spice section of the grocery store. You can keep the cinnamon sticks in an airtight container for up to 6 months for future syrup making.
How to Use Homemade Cinnamon Syrup
Let’s talk about all the different ways we can enjoy Cinnamon Syrup, starting with PANCAKES! This recipe was originally made for Cinnamon Pancakes but it also goes great with Cinnamon Roll Pancakes, homemade Fluffy Pancakes, and my equally fluffy Gluten-Free Pancakes! Yes, I used the word pancakes a lot but they’re delicious and make my world go round.
Other Delicious Pancake Toppings
- Sliced bananas
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped apples
- Homemade Blueberry Syrup
- Homemade Strawberry Syrup
- Peanut butter and Nutella
Now, let’s take this a step further and discuss all the other ways you can use this cinnamon elixir:
- Cinnamon Spice Latte – 1/2 hot coffee + 1/2 warmed milk + Cinnamon syrup = perfection
- Stirred into hot apple cider for a copycat Caramel Apple Spice
- Drizzled over hot oatmeal with chopped pecans – which sounds incredible right about now
- Drizzled over french toast
I hope I’m not the only one who’s mouth is watering…
How are you going to use this Cinnamon Syrup Recipe first?
Homemade Cinnamon Maple Syrup
Delicious homemade Cinnamon Syrup, made with freshest cinnamon and perfect for topping cinnamon pancakes, waffles or even french toast.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 1/2 cup
- Category: breakfast
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a small saucepan, simmer maple syrup, cinnamon, and cinnamon stick for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring throughout to combine the maple and cinnamon.
- Remove from heat and serve over pancakes.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 23.8g
- Sodium: 4.8mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: cinnamon syrup, cinnamon maple syrup, homemade syrup, pancake toppings