With just three simple ingredients, these refreshingly delicious Pudding Pops are going to be the summer hit! Kids and adults all agree that this simple pudding dessert is always a winner.
The recipe for these homemade chocolate pudding pops lets you eat one now – and have more for later. Talk about a simple treat that keeps on giving!
Why settle for eating pudding with a spoon when you can have a frozen treat instead? This pudding pop recipe combines two of my favorite flavors – chocolate and banana pudding.
That said, you can easily recreate this recipe with any pudding flavor combination that you like. Strawberry and banana would be delicious, as would chocolate and pistachio and the classic chocolate and vanilla combination.
Seriously – the pudding pop combinations are endless!
Can you Use Pudding to Make Popsicles?
Absolutely. In fact, it’s the thickness of the pudding that gives these popsicles that fudge texture we all love from the frozen treat!
As long as you carefully follow the directions to get the pudding flavors set up correctly, you can easily use other pudding flavors to make your frozen treats.
If you want to use just one flavor and not alternate, I made a note in the recipe card as well.
Pudding Pop Ingredients
Aside from instant pudding mix, this recipe literally calls for one other ingredient that you more than likely already have at home.
- dairy milk – For best results, use dairy milk. The higher the fat content, the thicker the popsicle texture.
- instant pudding – Any flavor of the instant pudding will work! If you happen to use non-instant pudding, be sure to follow the directions on the package for making the pudding correctly.
How to Make Pudding Pops At Home
Chocolate and banana pudding pops are so incredibly easy to make. This recipe is such a nice treat to have in the freezer, ready to grab and enjoy whenever the craving strikes. Watch this quick video to see how it’s done, and then grab the step-by-step instructions below!
Follow the simple instructions below, and you’ll have a cool and refreshing treat in no time at all.
- Mix the ingredients to make chocolate pudding
In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups of cold milk until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate.
- Mix the ingredients to make banana pudding
In another bowl, combine banana pudding mix with 2 cups of cold milk until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate.
- Let the pudding firm up
After 10 minutes of refrigeration, once the puddings have been set, remove them from the refrigerator and begin filling popsicle molds by filling the bottom third with chocolate, the middle third with banana pudding, and the final top third with chocolate.
- Put into the freezer
Freeze popsicle molds for 4 hours, until set.
Speaking of refreshing treats, check out this Easy Pineapple Dole Whip Recipe!
Can you use almond milk instead of milk?
If you don’t have dairy milk or don’t consume it, you can use almond milk for this pudding recipe. Just swap out the 4 cups of dairy milk and use 4 cups of almond milk instead. It’s really as simple as that.
Chocolate Banana Pudding Pops
- 4 oz package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 4 oz package banana pudding mix
- 4 cups dairy milk*
- Popsicle molds
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups cold milk until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate.
- In another bowl, combine banana pudding mix with 2 cups cold milk until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate.
- After 10 minutes of refrigeration, once the puddings have set, remove from the refrigerator and begin filling popsicle molds by filling the bottom third with chocolate, the middle third with banana pudding, the final top third with chocolate.
- Freeze popsicle molds for 4 hours, until set.