This post is sponsored by Jell-O Simply Good. Thank you for supporting me!
I think I can speak for all of us when I say that one sure way to our family’s heart is with a delicious serving of something chocolate –well, at least for my family anyway! And today’s recipe for chocolate banana pudding pops is one I’m excited to share with you.
I’ve spent most of September with my family eating our way through Spain where we’ve consumed enormous amounts of chocolate in various forms, including my four-year-old’s new favorite discovery: chocolate banana pudding pops.
Upon our return, he’s asked me on numerous occasions to make him his favorite popsicles from the tiny beach stand in Benidorm; where for four days straight we’d walk to the beach after lunch for his favorite new treat and more beach time.
For today’s recipe, I’ve partnered with the new Jell-O Simply Good line of delicious pudding and gelatin mixes made with no artificial flavors, dyes or preservatives! Inspired by feedback from delightfully honest kids, the new line is made with the good stuff, like Vanilla Bean, banana and cocoa and flavored with real fruit juices.
What I love about using Jell-O Simply Good to make pudding is it’s simple one-step mix and pudding instantly is made! I realize that instant pudding might not be a new phenomenon to most of you, but the pudding recipes I grew up with in Spain needed to be made over the stove, constantly stirring, and then wait time for it to chill and set always seemed eternal to young Laura.
Now, I can make quick and easy gelatin and pudding treats like this one feeling good about the ingredients in the recipe. Kids, of course, tend to be very honest about what they like and don’t like, and these pops were off the charts good! Plus, working together in the kitchen often brings some of the best candid moments with my kids.
We may not be enjoying these chocolate banana pudding pops at the beaches in Spain, but with this Jell-O Simply Good recipe, your afternoons will be filled with giggles, fun times, and of course, chocolate. It doesn’t get any better than that!
What’s your favorite flavor of Jell-O pudding and how do you like to eat it?Print
Chocolate Banana Pudding Pops
- Yield: : 6-8 popsicles depending on the shape of your mold
- 1 pack Jell-O Simply Good Chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 pack Jell-O Simply Good Banana pudding mix
- 4 cups dairy milk*
- Popsicle molds
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups cold milk until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate.
- In another bowl, combine banana pudding mix with 2 cups cold milk until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate.
- After 5-10 minutes of refrigeration, remove from refrigerator and begin filling popsicle molds by filling the bottom third with chocolate, the middle third with banana pudding, the final top third with chocolate.
- Freeze popsicle molds for 4 hours, until set.
This recipe only works with dairy milk since instant pudding will not set with a milk alternative. You’ll have a little leftover chocolate pudding in the bowl, but that doesn’t seem to bother my kids since it’s always licked clean before I get back from my short walk to the garage freezer.