That “keeper recipe” for classic deviled eggs that’s so good; they disappear fast!
This recipe is for you if you’re like me and scope out the tray of deviled eggs at every get-together. All the familiar flavors of the creamy yolk filling set in a perfectly cooked egg white were too good to pass up.
Classic Deviled Egg Ingredients
This deviled egg recipe is the classic, no-frills version made with the simplest ingredients; mayo, mustard, a few spices, and optional fresh chives.
- hard-boiled eggs: use my method to perfect hard-boiled eggs.
- yellow mustard: adds a little tanginess to the filling.
- salt & ground pepper: just a pinch of both.
- Tabasco hot sauce: optional, but gives the filling some heat. Use any hot sauce you have on hand.
- fresh chives: brings a fresh, oniony flavor.
- mayonnaise: combines the filling ingredients into one smooth and cohesive mixture.
- paprika: just a dash over the tops of the eggs.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
Follow the steps below, and you can bet your deviled eggs will look and taste top-notch!
- Hard-boil the eggs
Boil the eggs using my instant pot hard-boiled egg method. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water and peel.
- Make the filling
Slice the hard-boiled eggs in half, and transfer the yolks to a large bowl. Add the remaining filling ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stuff and enjoy!
Fill each egg white half with the mixture and dust the tops with paprika. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make Deviled Eggs Easy to Peel
There are a few tricks to making hard-boiled eggs that are easy to peel!
Use week-old eggs; the fresher the egg, the higher the chance the shell will stick to the egg white. Chilling the eggs in an ice bath also helps to separate the shell’s membrane from the egg white.
You can grab more tips in my post on how to peel hard-boiled eggs, plus three methods to help those shells glide right off!
More Deviled Egg Variations
Deviled eggs are a favorite lunch and party appetizer around here, and I have several variations for you to try.
- Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- Loaded Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Greek Deviled Eggs
- Angel Eggs