An easy breakfast pizza kids will love? Yes, please! This recipe is one my son, and I love to make on weekends, and sometimes, for breakfast-for-dinner night!
As a mom to three kids plus one exchange student, I can tell you that it can be difficult to find recipes that please the entire family. I also have two kids plus one adult (myself) to factor in when making any recipe, since we have gluten and dairy issues to consider.
Over time, I’ve learned that it’s much easier to make one recipe for the whole family, instead of making multiple variations of the same recipe at meal time. I get excited when I find great tasting products, like Udi’s Gluten-Free Pizza Crusts, that pass the kid and adult taste test. Imagine my excitement, and my son’s, when we partnered with them to create this video recipe.
As you know, I like to get my kids involved in the kitchen as much as I can, so getting Alex to help me make the pizzas a little extra special by cutting the ham into hearts with a cookie cutter was something he really enjoyed doing.
As you saw in the video, he was excited at the idea of making a video with mom. He is a very shy child, all the time, so for him to be on camera is huge. Not surprisingly, he follows direction incredibly well, so whenever he freely wants to help mom in a video, I invite him to participate.
When making pizza, I always opt for making it gluten-free for the whole family, or, at least, Alex and I share a crust. For us, it’s great to have found one we both like so we don’t miss out on eating pizza with the whole family. Because who wants to miss out on pizza for breakfast?
I love to make gluten-free versions of Alex’s favorite things, so he doesn’t have to feel like he’s missing out. With Udi’s Gluten-Free products, I can make a much larger variety of foods for him. When we first had to make the transition into gluten-free, their products made it much easier.
Now, nearly three years of having to make gluten-free meals, I don’t’ even have to make a mental note of substitutions. Plus, again, I try to make one meal for everyone to not spend an eternity in the kitchen, even when we make pizza.
What are your favorite pizza toppings?Print
Ham, Egg, & Cheese Breakfast Pizzas
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 6 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil, for cooking
- 2 Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crusts
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices Canadian ham
- Preheat oven to 400F and remove gluten-free pizza crusts from packaging.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, melt butter or oil and add whisked eggs. Cook, lifting gently and stirring slightly to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath, 2-3 minutes until set but not overcooked. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese onto each pizza crust and distribute the egg mixture throughout the crusts.
- On a flat surface, cut Canadian bacon or ham into small pieces and top the eggs. My kids like to take cookie cutters and cut the ham into hearts for special occasions or Valentine’s day.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly onto both pizza crusts, and bake directly on the baking rack for 7 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Carefully remove from oven and enjoy.
From time to time, I work with awesome companies to develop recipes for this website. Today’s post was brought to you by Udi’s Gluten-Free. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity.