Classic, fluffy pancakes with juicy peaches in each bite, these Peach Pancakes make a delicious breakfast topped with butter and syrup.
Whether you need an idea for those ripened peaches on your counter or the hidden stash in the freezer, these pancakes are a yummy way to use them.
Peach Pancake Ingredients
The ingredients to make Peach Pancakes are simple. For this recipe, you’ll need:
- all-purpose flour or 1:1 all-purpose gluten-free flour
- baking powder to make them fluffy
- salt reacts with the baking powder for fluffiness
- sugar for taste
- milk use regular or your favorite dairy alternative
- egg to bind the ingredients. Check out egg substitutes for pancakes here
- butter or vegan butter for a dairy-free alternative
- diced peaches fresh, frozen, or canned
Folding Peaches into the Pancake Batter
If you are using frozen peaches, make sure they are defrosted and diced. Unlike blueberries, peaches are denser when frozen and don’t cook as quickly. Add the thawed and diced peaches directly to the batter and fold until just combined.
Canned peaches will need to be drained before folding into the batter. Otherwise, the extra liquid will weigh down the batter making the pancakes flat and slightly soggy. No beuno!
For fresh peaches, the process is straightforward. Simply wash and dice the peaches and fold them into the fully mixed pancake batter.
Alternatively, you could add the diced peaches to the uncooked side of the pancakes on the griddle, to make sure they are evenly dispersed. This method also works, but it does take a little more time than if you fold the peaches into the batter prior to cooking.
How to Make Peach Pancakes
The secret behind fluffy Peach Pancakes, or delicious pancakes in general, is all in a good pancake batter and knowing when to flip the pancakes. You don’t want to overmix the batter, and once it’s on the griddle, it’s only a matter of time between golden brown surfaces and blackened bottoms.
Below I’m showing you step-by-step how to make these Peach pancakes and perfect any recipe, so grab your griddle, the batter, and let’s get to it!
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the milk, egg, and butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the diced peaches and fold until just combined.
- Grease the surface of a non-stick griddle or large pan over medium-high heat. I set my griddle at 300-350 F.
- Pour or scoop ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Wait until the edges are defined before flipping and cooking for an additional minute.
- Remove the pancakes from the griddle and serve with your choice of syrup and toppings.
You can also double the batch and freeze these pancakes for a new recipe to warm up in the toaster on busy mornings. It’s much more tasty and better for you than those paper-thin, storebought pancakes.
Watch the video below on how to freeze pancakes so they’ll last for months:
Syrups and Toppings for Peach Pancakes
Topping your Peach Pancakes with my Homemade Peach Syrup is a great place to start, but there are many other delicious ways to top a stack of these pancakes:
- Cinnamon Syrup – if you love that cinnamon and peach combination
- Homemade Strawberry Syru – summer fresh berries and peaches make an epic combination
- Brown Sugar Syrup
- Whipped cream + diced peaches
- Vanilla Greek yogurt + blueberries
- Want more pancake topping ideas? I’ve got 50+ here, everything from homemade syrups to fruit, spreads, and mix-ins.