October 3, 2017
This recipe for Pineapple Overnight oats will satisfy any early-morning craving for sweets!
The best part? It’s a healthy morning breakfast that will help you start your day right – all while tasting like an epic dessert.
I love starting my day with Overnight Oats. While my husband can enjoy a plan bowl of oatmeal in the morning, me? Not so much. If I’m going to eat plain oatmeal, it has to be turned into something delicious while still healthy enough so that I start my day by sticking to my health goals.
This Pineapple Overnight Oats recipe is one that we all agree, hits the spot!
A jar of pineapple overnight oats and your mornings will instantly be better! And you only need a few simple ingredients:
- Pineapple: fresh or canned pineapple.
- Cinnamon: a little goes a long way!
- Vanilla: adds that dessert-like flavor we all love.
- Oats: old-fashioned oats work best for this recipe.
- Milk: regular or your favorite dairy-free milk.
- Maraschino cherries: to make these oats look and taste like a pineapple upside-down cake!
Want to make overnight oats part of your daily rotation? Here you’ll find the best container and mason jars to serve overnight oats and tips to keep them fresh!
Are Overnight Oats Better with Milk Or Yogurt?
I’m using milk in this recipe, but you can also make overnight oats with yogurt. Both are great sources of vitamins, minerals, and protein and help to hydrate the oats while adding a tasty flavor.
You can use regular or dairy-free milk, plain, flavored or Greek yogurt. Just keep in mind that flavored yogurt is higher in sugar. For extra nutrition, Greek yogurt is great since is packed with protein!
How to Make Overnight Oats with Pineapple
In just a few minutes, you can make an epic breakfast to enjoy all week long! See how easily these pineapple overnight oats come together:
- Sauté the pineapple
Heat up a large non-stick pan over medium heat and sauté the fresh or canned pineapple with the vanilla and cinnamon. Once they begin to break down and the juices begin to release its natural sugars, remove from heat.
On a flat surface, place 4 bowls or lidded glass jars. Fill each with oats and milk, and stir.
- Add the pineapple
Divide pineapple mixture into each of the four jars.
- Cherries on top!
Chop the cherries and add them to the oat mixture, stir to combine.
Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight. Eat cold or warm up for 30 seconds in the microwave.
Watch this video to see the oat magic happen for yourself.
You can store these oats in the fridge for up to 4 days. Check out this post to learn how long overnight oats last, depending on the fruit you add.
More Overnight Oat Recipes
Once you try overnight oats, you just can’t get enough! There are many delicious ways you can enjoy oats for breakfast, here are some of my favorites:
- Creamy Peach Overnight Oats
- Banana Overnight Oats
- Cinnamon Apple Overnight Oats
- Almond Butter Overnight Oats with Bananas and Honey
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
Pineapple Upside Down Overnight Oats
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped small
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 3 cups milk
- 4-6 Maraschino cherries, stems removed
- Heat up a large non-stick pan over medium heat and sauté the fresh pineapple with the vanilla and cinnamon. Once they begin to break down and the juices begin to release its natural sugars, remove from heat.
- On a flat surface, place 4 bowls or lidded glass jars. Fill each with ½ cup oats, ¾ cup milk, and stir.
- Divide pineapple mixture into each of the four jars.
- Chop the cherries and add them to the oat mixture, stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight. Eat cold or warm up for 30 seconds in the microwave.