Paleo, gluten-free, and lower in fat than traditional baked goods, this allergy-friendly applesauce bread is one recipe you don’t want to miss.
Delicious with coffee or smeared with butter, this bread is the best afternoon snack or quick breakfast you and your kids will love.
What is Applesauce Bread
Moist, fluffy, and full of flavor, applesauce bread is just like any other recipe – except better! Flavored with warm spices, applesauce bread is usually eaten as a sweet breakfast or after-dinner treat.
This recipe is easy, budget-friendly, and made with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry.
However, unlike traditional bread recipes, the applesauce adds tons of flavor and keeps the bread soft and delicious. Plus, you gain all the amazing benefits of apples, such as Potassium and vitamin C.
Basically, what I’m saying is this cinnamon applesauce bread is the ultimate fall breakfast.
How Does Applesauce Affect Baking?
Applesauce is a healthier alternative to many of the saturated fats found in most baking recipes. It can replace any fat source in a baking recipe, except softened butter.
Adding applesauce to recipes will significantly reduce the calorie count. It will also add healthy fiber and nutrients to any baked good, making it the perfect secret weapon to sneak fiber into your kids’ diets.
Baking with applesauce is not ideal if you’re in a time pinch because it will likely create a need for a longer baking time.
What Kind of Applesauce Should You Use for Bread?
Before you begin baking with applesauce, it is important to make sure you have the right kind. Of course, in a perfect world, the best applesauce is one you make at home. Ther’es nothing like freshly made applesauce. However, when reality sets in and you don’t have time to peel, cook, and mash a thousand apples, storebought is just fine.
Any applesauce you can find will work to make applesauce bread, but unsweetened versions are preferred for baking recipes. If you do find yourself stuck with sweetened varieties, be sure to reduce the amount of sugar in your recipe or your breakfast bread might turn into dessert!
Applesauce Bread Ingredients
As the name suggests, applesauce bread is made with applesauce. These ingredients are simple and affordable meaning you can probably make it today. Ready to get baking? Check your kitchen for the ingredients below, and be sure to stock up on anything you’re missing!
- Oat flour (make your own in 2 mins)
- Baking soda
Simple, right? There’s a reason this is my go-to breakfast bread when my pantry is almost empty.
How to Make Applesauce Bread
Got your ingredients? Perfect. Let’s make this tasty applesauce bread recipe.
- Get Ready
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend it up
Blend the butter, egg, and sugar. Then, add the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- Stir it together
Stir ingredients until they form a crumbly dough.
- Add the sauce
Pour in the applesauce and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Grab your loaf pan
- Pour the applesauce bread batter into a greased bread loaf pan.
- Bake to perfection
Bake, the mixture for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes away clean.
Let your finished applesauce bread cool, and enjoy with a warm beverage (My favorite is instant iced coffee!).
More Quick Breakfast Bread Recipes
If you just can’t get enough of these quick-no rise breafast breads, here are a few more of my favorites.
- Blueberry Breakfast Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Peaches & Cream Bread
Easy Applesauce Bread
Perfectly moist and delicious, gluten-free applesauce bread the whole family will love!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf, 10 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Diet: Gluten Free
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line or spray a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter, egg, and sugar. Add the apple sauce and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Slowly, incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Pour mixture into the lined or sprayed baking pan and bake, for 45 to 50 minutes, making sure to cover with foil around minute 35 if it’s looking too golden until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 223.6g
- Sodium: 263.1mg
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrates: 34.7g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
Keywords: applesauce bread, quick breakfast bread