December 11, 2018
I’m gonna tell you now. Put salsa verde in your shopping list this week. And chicken. And tortillas…. OMG. All it takes is one bite, and you’ll be hooked on this Salsa Verde Chicken. Tender chicken in a tangy, smoky sauce… check out how I pull this Taco Tuesday recipe off in the video below!
Talk about delicious, this is one of my favorite chicken recipes! It’s mouthwatering good and a meal, my kids’ LOVE. Everyone gets excited as soon as the scent of lime, taco seasoning, and somethin’ somethin’ cooking fill the house. Best of all, the slow cooker takes care of all the cooking.
The key ingredient, salsa verde, is not an option but a MUST! Of course, I included a recipe for an easy salsa verde inside the Taco Tuesday Cookbook that gets whipped up in a blender.
The salsa verde adds an incredible depth of flavor; but if you’re a busy mom, go ahead and grab that 12-ounce jar from the grocery store. Because let me tell you that this is a stress-free taco zone and it still tastes pretty amazing!
I like to double the recipe for this salsa verde chicken, because leftovers are better the second and third day, as the chicken soaks up more flavor from the tangy sauce.
You guys, this is the kind of stuff you can eat by the forkful -and of course, this is a no-judgment zone. Just like if you eat four of these tacos… because they are so good.
Make Next: More chicken taco recipes
Here are a few other ways you can add salsa verde chicken into your meals:
- Toss it in a creamy pasta. This will be one of the best decision you’ll ever make.
- On top of a salad. Use salsa verde the same way you’d use salad dressing and toss to combine. Better yet, add a little sour cream for a creamy consistency that’s amazing!
- On top of a homemade Burrito Bowl. Add some sour cream and cheese, and you’re in food heaven
- Stuffed in a baked potato with sour cream and more cheese, need I say more?
Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Put the chicken breasts in a slow cooker and top with the salsa verde, honey, lime juice, and seasoning.
- Cover and cook in high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 8 hours or until the meat separates easily with a fork.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board and use 2 forks to shred the meat. Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker, cover, and cook for an additional 30 minutes to allow the meat to absorb the sauce and seasonings.
- Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a serving platter, leaving the excess liquid in the slow cooker.
- Stuff each taco shell with the chicken and top with cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo, and avocado.