Want a spin on the traditional hummus? Try this edamame hummus recipe ASAP! It has the same garlicky, delicious flavors you love with a bonus of 8 grams of protein per serving.
Let’s grab our favorite dipping snacks and make a batch of this edamame hummus- quick!
What is Edamame Hummus
Edamame hummus is a yummy variation of my classic hummus recipe made with steamed soybeans instead of chickpeas. It has the same creamy texture we love but a richer flavor thanks to the combination of tahini, fresh garlic, and soy sauce.
How Many Calories Are in this Edamame Dip
Each ¼ cup serving of edamame dip has 212 calories, 9 grams of protein, 17 grams of healthy fats, and only 4 grams of net carbs.
This is a terrific nutritional profile; plus, edamame is considered a complete protein because it provides all of the essential amino acids our bodies need but can’t produce.
Edamame Hummus Ingredients
Here’s everything you need to make a batch of the best edamame hummus:
- shelled edamame: you can find these in the frozen section of your local grocery store.
- tahini: adds depth of flavor and makes great hummus
- water: gives it a smoother consistency.
- lemon juice: brightens the flavor.
- soy sauce: just a dash or two helps bring out the edamame flavor.
- garlic: fragrant and makes any hummus taste better.
- salt: enhances the other flavors.
- cumin: adds smokiness.
- ground coriander: dried and ground cilantro leaves- a little pinch goes a long way.
- olive oil: adds richness and helps the ingredients blend.
- flat-leaf parsley: just a sprinkle of fresh parsley for garnish.
How to Make Edamame Hummus
Making edamame hummus is super easy since everything gets blended in a high-speed blender or food processor until it reaches creamy perfection. Here’s how to make it:
- Prep the edamame
Steam the edamame according to package directions.
Combine the edamame, tahini, water, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, and spices in the food processor or blender. While processing, drizzle in the olive oil, allowing the mixture to fully combine.
Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and top with freshly chopped parsley if using.
You can also watch how to make this recipe in the video below:
What Goes with Edamame Hummus
This edamame hummus tastes great with anything you’d serve with regular hummus! Enjoy it with sliced fresh vegetables, crackers, or pita bread for a substantial and healthy snack. You can also use it in place of mayonnaise in healthy wraps and sandwiches.Print
Easy Edamame Hummus
Creamy edamame hummus is a healthy and delicious dip to enjoy with veggies, crackers, and pita wedges!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Appetizer/ Snacks
- Method: Blender
- 1 ½ cups (225 g) frozen shelled edamame (soybeans)
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) tahini
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated or mashed
- ¼ teaspoon (1 g) salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- Boil edamame in salted water for 4-5 minutes, or microwave, covered for 2-3 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the edamame, tahini, water, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, salt, cumin, and coriander until smooth. Then drizzle in olive oil, mixing until fully combined.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and serve.
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Sodium: 617.8mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.2g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
This looks yummy………our family loves French Onion dip with snacks
We like cheese slices, guacamole, hummus… Pretty much any dip on them!!
We love hummus with our crackers and also organic provalone cheese and ham! : )
Jalapeno Hummus from Whole Foods is a great dipper for those Cheddar Chia crackers – yummmm delish!
Hummus is our go-to dip for just about everything!
I love having hummus with crackers or pretzels. Sabra is my favorite brand!! I’ve never seen this brand in stores so I usually buy saltine crackers, Ritz or rold gold pretzels. I also have a tiny obsession over blue tortilla chips and garlic hummus.
Thank you for this recipe! I love edamame and hummus and I can’t wait to make this for my kiddos! Right now, I love eating cheese with crackers – nothing fancy, something like Baby Bel or Laughing Cow cheese. My little ones have started liking cheese and crackers as a snack too!
I like dipping in hummus, but I am going to make this dip – sounds yummy!
We love Sabra hummus and will enjoy eating it with these crackers. Can’t wait to try the crackers with this new recipe, too!!
My boys love guacamole and crackers!! Can’t wait to try this recipe!
We like spinach pesto dip, hummus or cheese slices.
i like cream cheese or ranch dip
Plain or Greek yogurt mixed with ranch seasoning.
Laughing Cow cheese wedges or guacamole would be awesome with those crackers, too– but this recipe sounds really great!!
Tzatziki dip with cherry tomatoes and the cheddar chia smart crackers or roasted eggplant Baba ghanoush.
Great recipe! Thank you for sharing. Honestly… our favorite dip for the crackers is just a plain old tried and true peanut butter and honey mix or peanut butter and jelly mix depending on the cracker. my son is autistic and is very particular so we really kinda get to stick to the familiar dips. i do love that i buy healthy crackers!!! 🙂
We haven’t tried these crackers yet, but can’t wait to do so. We love pairing crackers with hummus, babaganouj, or peanut butter!
We usually just dip in salsa, so I can’t wait to try this! Looks so yummy and easy to make.
Hummus is the dipping fav, but the chick pea kind. I will try this even though I cannot stand edamame on its own….
hot pepper cheese & salami