October 21, 2022
These banana pumpkin pancakes are both delicious and nutritious.
This epic pancake recipe is made with oats, so they are a hearty breakfast recipe you’ll feel good about making on repeat!
Fluffy Oat Flour Pumpkin Pancakes with Banana
Few things are better than a fluffy stack of pancakes to start the day. Well, except when you add pumpkin to get your fall-inspired flavors in, and now they’re even better!
The banana in this recipe will naturally sweeten the pancake batter, making it an unforgettable bite each time the fork meets its match.
And if you’re like me and buy canned pumpkin year-round, this recipe is perfect for adding to your pumpkin breakfast recipes list!
For fluffy and delicious oat flour pancakes filled with pumpkin flavor, you’ll need the following items:
- Banana: the riper the banana, the softer and sweeter the pancake.
- Pumpkin puree: another reason to break out the pumpkin spice, and it makes these pancakes super moist.
- Egg: adds structure to the batter and helps the pancakes rise.
- Milk: regular dairy or your favorite non-dairy option.
- Vanilla extract: a perfect compliment to the banana and pumpkin flavor.
- Butter: melted and poured into the batter.
- Oat flour: a naturally gluten-free flour you can make at home.
- Brown sugar: adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Baking powder: the secret ingredient to super fluffy pancakes.
- Cinnamon: or pumpkin spice adds delicious fall flavor.
Check the printable recipe card for the ingredient measurements and more detailed cooking directions!
How to Make Pumpkin Banana Pancakes
These pumpkin banana pancakes are delicious AND easy to make!
Grab those ingredients, and here’s what you’ll do:
- Mix the banana and pumpkin
Mash the ripe banana in a large bowl. Add the pumpkin and eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients
Pour the milk, vanilla, and melted butter into the bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients
Add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, or pumpkin spice and whisk until no lumps are visible.
- Turn on the heat
Heat a griddle or large non-stick pan over medium heat and lightly grease with butter or oil.
- Cook the pancakes
Scoop ¼ cup batter for each pancake onto the hot griddle. Cook the first side until the edges are set, flip and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stack ’em!
Serve your banana pancakes with maple syrup and your favorite pancake toppings.
Love pumpkin pancakes already? Check out these other pumpkin pancake recipes.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Banana Pancakes?
Like traditional pancakes, these pumpkin banana pancakes freeze great! You can make a bunch ahead of time, freeze them on a lined sheet pan, and once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe zip bag for up to two months!
If you want fresh-out-of-the-griddle pancakes, check out this post on how to freeze pancake batter.
Best Fall Toppings for these Banana Pumpkin Pancakes
While these pancakes are already insanely good, toppings make them even better!
Banana Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 large ripe banana, about ½ cup
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk, any
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- In a large bowl, place the ripe banana and mash it down with a fork. Add the canned pumpkin and egg, whisk the egg with the fork, and combine the three ingredients. Pour the milk, vanilla, and melted butter into the bowl, and combine.
- To the bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon or pumpkin spice, and whisk to combine until there are no visible lumps.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium-high heat (if an electric griddle, set between 350-375F). Once hot, grease it with butter or oil. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle. Cook the first side until the edges are defined, and bubbles begin to appear, for about 2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove pancakes from the pan or griddle onto a plate and repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve topped with maple syrup and your favorite toppings.