These chocolate peanut butter overnight oats taste so good they’ll get you out of bed fast!
Assemble ingredients in minutes for the ultimate make-ahead breakfast you can enjoy on repeat!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats
Chocolate and peanut butter: who can resist? Add oats to the equation, and you have a super tasty and nutritious meal with plenty of benefits for your health.
It takes 5 minutes or less to assemble the ingredients in a jar and store them in the fridge, where the oats practically “cook” themselves overnight.
When you wake up, all you have to do is grab a spoon and enjoy an epic breakfast that will keep you full for many hours.
The best part is that these chocolate overnight oats are ridiculously delicious, like eating a piece of cake, but good for you!
What Does This Recipe Taste Like
Chocolate peanut butter overnight oats taste like dessert! Oats have a neutral flavor that absorb whatever you add to them, meaning: this recipe tastes like that irresistible combination of chocolate and peanut butter!
You can eat them cold right out of the fridge or warm them up for a minute in the microwave for a mug cake-like feel.
One spoonful of these epic oats it’s like eating your favorite dessert for breakfast, but healthier and guilt-free!
This recipe combines the classic flavors of peanut butter and chocolate to create a nutrious and epic breakfast.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Old-fashioned oats: best for overnight oats since they don’t get too mushy and hold their thick texture.
- Cocoa powder: to make it super chocolatey!
- Chia seeds: optional for extra nutrition and to thicken the oats.
- Peanut butter: creamy peanut butter gives this recipe a better texture.
- Vanilla: adds that dessert-like flavor we love.
- Honey: optional, to sweeten the oats.
- Milk: whichever milk you use, traditional or non-dairy.
*Ingredient measurements are provided in the recipe card below.
How to Make Chocolate Overnight Oats
Making a tasty and healthy breakfast has never been this easy! Grab your jars, mix everything, and let the fridge turn oats into the best morning meal!
- Assemble the oats
Place two jars on the counter and fill each with ½ cup oats, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon chia seeds, 2 teaspoons peanut butter, ¼ teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon of honey (if using), and ¾ cup milk.
With a spoon, stir to combine well and cover with a lid.
Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir & Enjoy!
In the morning, stir to combine, and enjoy cold or warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
How Far Ahead Can You Make Overnight Oats
Another great thing about overnight oats is that you make them once and enjoy them for up to 4 days! Yes, the definition of the perfect make-ahead breakfast!
Just mix the overnight oat ingredients inside of jars, store them in the fridge, and the next morning you have ready a terrific meal to enjoy the rest of the week at home or on-the-go, since these oats are also a great portable breakfast!
Overnight oats with fruit, like these Strawberry Overnight Oats, will last 2 to 3 days. After that, the strawberries break down and get a weird texture. To avoid this, I recommend adding them fresh right before eating the oats.
How to Serve Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
When it comes to overnight oats, there’s always room for toppings that add flavor and nutrition!
Here are a few things to add when you make them or for serving them:
- ground flaxseed, ½ teaspoon per serving
- hemp seeds, 1 teaspoon per serving
- protein powder, 2 tablespoons per serving
- chopped nuts, 1 tablespoon per serving
- fresh fruit, ½ cup per serving
- dried fruit, 1 tablespoon per serving
- mini chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
Can You Serve Them Warm?
Sure! You can enjoy chocolate peanut butter overnight oats cold, straight from the fridge, or warm them up in the microwave for about a minute; whatever you prefer works!
More Overnight Oats Recipes
Overnight oats are a convenient breakfast you can customize and never feel repetitive. Try one of these other recipes:
- Creamy Peach Overnight Oats
- Overnight Oats with Yogurt
- Banana Overnight Oats
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Cinnamon Apple Overnight Oats
- Pineapple Upside Down Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
- Almond Butter Overnight Oats with Bananas and Honey
EPIC Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds, optional
- 4 teaspoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- 1 ½ cups milk, any
- Place two jars on the counter and fill each with ½ cup oats, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon chea seeds, 2 teaspoons peanut butter, ¼ teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon of honey (if using), and ¾ cup milk.
- With a spoon, stir to combine well and cover with a lid.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, stir to combine, and enjoy cold or warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.