Holidays are coming, and it’s time to celebrate! These Christmas side dishes taste so good that you will want to make them on repeat all year long!
Cooking and get-togethers can be a little stressful since our minds are also divided between presents, decorations, family, and kids at home. Let one or more of these epic Christmas side dishes take the pressure off on what to serve!
Best Christmas Side Dishes
Any of these easy Christmas side dishes can feed a crowd. Below, you’ll find fresh salads, roasted veggies, holiday classics like sausage apple stuffing or deviled eggs, and so much more!
These recipes are so good that everyone will help themselves to seconds, and guests will ask for the recipe!
Christmas Side Dishes
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 5 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ -1 cup pecan pieces
- ½ cup maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, raisins and shallots.
- Place sweet potato mixture in a 9×13 inch-baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add pecans and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add maple syrup and stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Top potatoes with caramelized toasted pecans, cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven 50-60 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.