Summer comes with lots of entertaining, both at home and outdoors. It seems, like I always need to bring a crowd-pleasing recipe to an event, and this Cobb Salad Dip is one that’s devoured quickly.
Although my kids are not big salad fans, they love this dip. And me? I take my salads very seriously!
Almost every day I bring a salad to work and one of my favorites is a big Cobb Salad. I have turned this salad into an amazing dip, which will make you the rockstar of the party.
Dips are a great way to add a few additional servings of veggies to your day. Sure, this dip is slightly indulgent, but remember to serve a large portion of veggies with not as much dip. Win-win for everyone.
What You Need
Turn Cobb salad into an inviting summer dip everyone will want to dig in! Here are the simple ingredients you need to make it happen:
- Cream cheese: for a creamy and thick consistency.
- Sour cream: mixed with the cream cheese creates an epic base for the dip.
- Ranch mix: a great seasoning you can easily make at home with this recipe.
- Romaine lettuce: the base for the dip. Other types of lettuce also work.
- Tomato: Roma, cherry, or any other tomato you have on hand is perfect!
- Cheddar cheese: shredded, to top the dip.
- Corn: canned, frozen, or even corn leftovers. If using frozen, thaw it first.
- Bacon: strips of bacon cooked and crumbled. You can use leftovers from breakfast.
- Blue cheese crumbles: the final cheesy touch to top the dip!
- Tortilla chips: blue corn or corn tortilla chips for serving.
How to Make Cobb Salad Dip
When you need a quick appetizer, this recipe will stand out on the summer dips table! Assemble everything in 10 minutes and get ready to enjoy.
- Make the base
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch seasoning until smooth. Transfer it to the bottom of a 9inch pie plate and cover the bottom.
- Add the toppings
Top with lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cheddar cheese, corn, bacon, and blue cheese.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
I like to make this dip in the morning and refrigerate it for a few hours before serving, but as you will see in the video, it’s hard to resist digging in right away.
More Summer Sides
Freshness: that’s what you want from summer side dishes. With these simple recipes, I’ve got you covered!
Cobb Salad Dip
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ranch mix
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup Roma tomato, chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup corn
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Blue corn/corn tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch seasoning until smooth. Transfer it to the bottom of a 9inch pie plate and cover the bottom.
- Top with lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cheddar cheese, corn, bacon, and blue cheese.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.