The oven does all the work in this recipe: clean hands, no kitchen mess, and the best corn on the cob you’ll ever taste without a grill!
Baked Corn on the Cob
Tender, delicious, healthy, quick, effortless… I’m running out of words to describe how PERFECT this corn on the cob is! While you can boil, microwave, or grill corn, baking it in foil takes the best of these methods: it’s super simple, corn tastes amazing, and you can forget about the cleanup!
After five minutes of prep, you let the oven do the rest. The foil will trap steam and help to retain moisture and flavors, resulting in a soft, buttery baked corn on the cob that makes an epic side for oven beef kabobs or your favorite protein.
How to Remove the Corn Husk
You can peel corn on the cob by pulling the husk with your hands, as you would do it with a banana. Then, cut the end with a sharp knife. To remove corn silk, scrub it with a clean rubber glove, a vegetable brush, or a gripper pad.
What You Need
Baking tasty, soft corn on the cob couldn’t be any easier, and you can do it with a few simple staples that yield mouthwatering results!
Here’s what you need:
- Ears of corn: the lead of the show. Husks removed.
- Butter: adds a delicious flavor while helping to combine the seasonings.
- Garlic cloves: more irresistible taste and aroma!
- Salt and pepper: a classic duet we can’t omit.
- Aluminum foil: to wrap the corn on the cob.
*You’ll find the measurements in the printable recipe card below.
How to Bake Corn on the Cob in Foil
Very little to clean, a lot to enjoy! Check out how simple it is to bake perfect corn on the cob in foil, and you’ll soon be making this recipe year-round!
Here is what you’ll be doing:
Preheat the oven to 400F and cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil, large enough to wrap each piece of corn.
- Mix the seasonings
Melt the butter in a small bowl and combine it with the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Season & wrap
Place the corn in the middle of the foil, bring the sides up, and drizzle ¼ of the butter mixture on top of the corn. Twist to coat around. Wrap each ear of corn in foil.
Place the wrapped corn on a baking sheet and roast the cob in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Unwrap corn in the cob carefully and serve it with your favorite protein.
What Temperature do You Roast Corn in the oven?
When you bake corn in the oven, you can control the temperature so it will turn out soft and tender every time. At 400F, corn will be done in 30 minutes. Doneness is not a big deal since corn kernels can be eaten raw, but you don’t want to overcook it.
While wrapping corn in foil helps prevent it from burning and keeps the steam in, you’ll still want to bake corn following the right temperature-cooking time, so it comes out perfectly cooked and juicy.
In case you’re cooking other items at the same time, here are other oven temperatures you can use to bake your corn:
How do You Know when Corn on the Cob is Done?
After 30 minutes of roasting the wrapped corn in foil at 400F, you know the corn kernels are done because they’ve turned bright yellow, and they have a crisp texture that pierces easily with a fork.
What to Serve with Baked Corn on the Cob
Save time by turning on the oven once to bake this delicious corn on the cob with beef kabobs for the perfect indoor summer meal.
Corn also makes a terrific side you can serve with split chicken breasts, or a hearty bowl of jambalaya. Need to kick up the veggie factor? These epic Spicy Green Beans and this healthy Tomato Tuna Salad pair amazingly well!
How to Bake Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears of corn, husks removed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F and cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil, large enough to wrap each piece of corn.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and combine it with the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the corn in the middle of the foil, bring the sides up, and drizzle ¼ of the butter mixture on top of the corn and twist to coat around. Wrap it in foil.
- Place the wrapped corn on a baking sheet and roast the cobb in the preheated oven for approx. 30 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- Serve with your favorite proteins.