LOOK OUT- Smoky, Curried Cauliflower Tacos with pineapple salsa- thank goodness it’s Taco Tuesday!
I don’t care if you’re a hardcore carnivore, vegetarian, or vegan no one can resist these vegetarian tacos. They’re delicious, addictive, and bring out your inner harmony with nature- maybe not, but you need to make these anyway.
The Most Delicious Cauliflower Tacos
Gone are the days of boring, bland cauliflower. With this recipe, you can turn this veggie into a tasty taco filling that even picky eaters will rave about!
The oven gives cauliflower a crispy texture on the edges and a tender fork center, while spices do their job by adding a super tasty flavor you will LOVE.
Who would say you could add more veggies to your daily meals in the form of ridiculously flavorful cauliflower tacos? Yep, I know. Epic!
What You’ll Need
Tastiness and simplicity: that’s what these roasted cauliflower tacos are all about! With just a few ingredients, you’ll have a memorable Taco Tuesday.
Here’s what you need to make the magic happen:
- Olive oil: for coating the cauliflower.
- Curry powder: there are different types of this epic seasoning. I use the one I found in the spice section of my grocery store. If you don’t have it, use cumin and a little garlic powder.
- Cauliflower: the heart of this recipe. Cut it into small florets.
- Pineapple salsa: a delicious topping that pairs amazingly with cauliflower.
- Corn tortillas: to hold all these tasty ingredients.
- Sour cream: optional for serving.
Check the printable recipe card below for measurements and directions.
Making meals ahead helps me to enjoy a variety of food without spending so much time in the kitchen; that’s why I usually cook Roasted Curried Cauliflower as a side for dinner, and leftovers wait on the fridge to become these epic taco filling.
If you love giving your tastebuds some extra heat, you need to try my Spicy Roasted Cauliflower recipe. Out of this world!
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Let the oven roasts the cauliflower and these tacos will be almost done! Save time by making salsa and cauliflower ahead, and dinner it’s ready in no time.
Check out how simple it is:
- Prep the oven
Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease or spray a 9×13 baking dish.
- Make the salsa
Make the pineapple salsa in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add flavor!
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and curry powder. Add the cauliflower florets and toss to combine. Transfer the cauliflower to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Roast the cauliflower
Roast cauliflower for about 30 minutes, until the tops begin to turn golden brown, tossing after about 20 minutes.
- Warm the tortillas
Prior to serving, warm the tortillas.
- Assemble and enjoy!
Fill the tortillas with the roasted cauliflower and pineapple salsa. Top with sour cream, if using.
Watch this video to see how to make your own cauliflower tacos.
Nutrition Facts for Cauliflower Tacos
Cauliflower is a very nutritious vegetable that’s perfect for making tacos. While it’s low in calories, cauliflower is rich in fiber and Vitamin C. It’s also a great source of Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, and other minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Without add-ins, just the roasted cauliflower and a tortilla, a cauliflower taco is a healthy food option. Each cauliflower taco in the recipe below has:
- 120 calories
- 3.5g fat
- 0g cholesterol
- 44mg sodium
- 18g carbohydrates
- 5g fiber
- 4g protein
- 56% RDA Vitamin C
- 5% RDA Iron
- 5% RDA Calcium
What To Put On Cauliflower Tacos
Cauliflower won’t be jealous if you add more delicious ingredients on top. That’s what makes tacos a fun and tasty meal: toppings! These are some great additions to these vegetarian cauliflower tacos:
Pineapple Salsa for Cauliflower Tacos
No doubt the second best part about Curried Cauliflower tacos is the pineapple salsa, it’s like the “cherry on top” with it’s refreshing, tangy, self. The combo of pineapple salsa gives brings out the depth of savory, smoky flavor from the cauliflower.
Okay, I’ve given you every reason to make these delicious tacos now here are some reasons you’ll want to stay away:
- If you like boring bland food
- You prefer cauliflower to be cooked to death in hot water
- Tacos aren’t your thing
If any of these apply to you, stay far away.
You know I’m kidding, but seriously these are a solid 100, I-can-eat-these-all-day kinda’ good! Grab the recipe from the Taco Tuesday Cookbook and let’s get this party started!
Roasted Curried Cauliflower Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Pineapple salsa, click for the recipe
- 8 8- inch corn tortillas, warmed
- Sour cream, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease or spray a 9×13 baking dish.
- Make the pineapple salsa in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and curry powder. Add the cauliflower florets and toss to combine. Transfer the cauliflower to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Roast cauliflower for about 30 minutes, until the tops begin to turn golden brown, tossing after about 20 minutes.
- Prior to serving, warm the tortillas.
- Fill the tortillas with the roasted cauliflower and pineapple salsa. Top with sour cream, if using.