Are you ready to make an unforgettable roasted vegetable that will take your tastebuds on an epic adventure? I’ve got just the recipe with spicy roasted cauliflower.
The sweet Sriracha glaze gives each cauliflower floret a crispy texture with a flavor that’s simply addicting!
Sweet & Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
If roasted cauliflower wasn’t delicious enough, toss it in a Sriracha-honey-soy sauce, and you’ll have a 5-star dish everyone will love.
Of course, it’s an incredible side, but you should also try it over a salad, grain bowl, or as a guilt-free snack.
Here’s what you’ll need from the fridge and pantry to make this spicy cauliflower happen:
As always, check the recipe card for the ingredient amounts and detailed cooking directions.
- Sriracha: a red chili paste with a nice kick.
- Honey: sweetens the sauce and makes the spice taste even better.
- Soy sauce: the savory element in this recipe.
- Red pepper flakes: a little extra heat.
- Oil: prevents the cauliflower from sticking to the pan.
- Cauliflower: watch the video to see how to cut it into perfect florets.
How to Roast Cauliflower
Follow this step-by-step formula for perfect roasted cauliflower florets:
Set the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. The paper will prevent the florets from sticking to your baking sheet.
- Make the sauce
Whisk the Sriracha, honey, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and oil until smooth. Add the cauliflower to the sauce and toss to coat the florets thoroughly.
- Time to roast
Transfer the cauliflower onto the baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes or until golden on the outside and fork-tender in the center. Remove from the oven and serve.
Make next: Roasted Curried Cauliflower
What Spices Go Well with Cauliflower
Just about any flavor and spice taste incredible on roasted cauliflower, but here are a few tried and true combinations from your pantry spice rack:
½ tablespoon curry powder + ½ teaspoon garlic powder + ½ teaspoon salt + 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Parmesan & Herb
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning + ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese + ½ teaspoon salt + 1 tablespoon olive oil.
1 teaspoon chili powder + 1 teaspoon ground cumin + ½ teaspoon smoked paprika + ½ teaspoon salt + 1 tablespoon olive oil.
How to Make Crispy Roasted Cauliflower
If you’re looking for tender roasted florets with a crisp exterior, make sure to space the florets evenly on the baking sheet, leaving room between each piece. Overcrowding the florets will cause them to steam and yield a mushier texture.Print
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
From the sweet Sriracha glaze to the crisp exterior and tender fork center, everything about this spicy roasted cauliflower makes it unforgettable!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven Roasted
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the Sriracha, honey, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and oil, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the chopped cauliflower florets to the bowl and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the lined baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes until the cauliflower tops are golden and the cauliflower is tender when poked with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 ½ cup
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 243.2 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.1 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Leave a Reply