This flank steak with lime marinade recipe is going to become your life saver when you get home late after a long day. Don’t worry, a delicious dinner is less than 30 min away!
I know if you are like me, sometimes the last thing you want to do is take the time to prepare a full blown meal at 5pm when the kids are hungry and you need dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
This flank steak recipe is the perfect weekday meal because when you arrive at home in the afternoon it is only a matter of 6 to 10 minutes on the grill before it is served! Easy, right? Add a side of glazed carrots and some rice and you have a five star meal!
Ok, ok. I might be a little biased but I am not very picky about what we eat for dinner as long as it’s real food and it’s good.
What is also wonderful about this dish is that it’s toddler-proof! You can have your child on your hip, tongs in one hand to flip the steak, and you are set —not that I cook with a toddler on my hip or anything.
Luckily, you have found this recipe and you have a Flank Steak in your fridge with lime juice that you prepared earlier this morning. What a relief! All you have to do is spend a few minutes in the morning adding the ingredients to a large zip bag and let it sit while you attend to your daily schedule.
You don’t have to be a master chef to cook this recipe either. If you have limited time, knowledge, or cooking skills this recipe won’t be a problem. You’ll be able to make this juicy meal in a matter of minutes!
I also love the tanginess of the lime marinade. It goes great with meat and flank steak reminds me of my grandmother’s cooking back in Spain when I was a little girl! This is just a simple recipe to get a meal that is full of flavor.
After you have devoured it for dinner, take any leftovers and use them towards your lunch the next day. It is great for tacos, salads, wraps, steak sandwiches and anything else you can think of! There options are endless with your leftovers!
Flank Steak with Lime Marinade
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice, about 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (about ⅓ cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled, and minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak
- Vegetable oil, for grates
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, soy sauce, scallions, ginger, and the red pepper. Add the steak and seal the bag (place it in a dish to catch any leaks); marinate the steak in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high; lightly oil the grates. Remove the steak from the marinade, letting excess drip off (discard the marinade); season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill; cover.
- Cook, turning once, until the meat has reached the desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before slicing thin.