When you need something tasty to serve with your favorite proteins, these easy vegetable side dishes recipes are the perfect match!
In this post, you’ll find recipe options that can be steamed, cooked in the oven, in a pan, or simply tossed and served. There’s something for everyone in one of these side dish recipes below.
Best Vegetable Side Dishes
From caramelized roasted vegetables to fresh salads, these vegetable side dishes ideas add nutrition and goodness to every bite. When you don’t know what to serve with that delicious chicken you baked, pick one of these yummy sides. You can always click over and pin the recipe for later too!
30+ AMAZING Veggie Side Dishes
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and sliced into 2-inch thick strips
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 8 ounce container hummus of choice
- 4 pita rounds
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the veggies into a baking dish or baking sheet and brush both sides with the vinaigrette. Allow them to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Transfer the vegetables to the grill and cook for 5 minutes on one side before flipping and grilling for another 4 minutes or until the veggies are lightly charred.
- Remove from the grill and serve with hummus and pita.