Apr 25, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re the person that hangs around the appetizer table at parties, you’re in great company and will love this bruschetta salad recipe.
It’s the ultimate way to turn juicy tomatoes into a delicious salad that brightens up any occasion or meal.
What is Bruschetta Salad
The classic fresh bruschetta salad is made with ripe tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar. It’s incredibly delicious on its own, over pasta, on toasty bread, or over chicken.
I like to think of it as the Italian version of Pico de Gallo. While this recipe includes a little chopped red onion, you can leave them out if your family isn’t a fan. The flavors will still be spot on!
Traditionally, the tomato salad is topped over toasted bread, or ‘bruschetta,’ but you can serve the salad with baked chicken, fish, cooked pasta- anything!
Bruschetta Salad Ingredients
Here’s everything you need to make fresh bruschetta salad:
- cherry tomatoes: cherry and grape tomatoes tend to be sweet year-round, but you can use any variety such as heirloom, vine, and Roma.
- red onion: adds a sharp, sweet flavor to the salad.
- balsamic vinegar: a tart and robust vinegar that enhances the fresh basil and tomatoes.
- olive oil: just enough to coat the tomatoes and spread the vinegar.
- fresh basil: has a bright flavor essential to tomato bruschetta.
How to Make Bruschetta Salad
Follow this simple two-step recipe, and you’ll have a fresh batch of bruschetta salad.
- Prep the ingredients
Halve the cherry tomatoes, dice the red onion, and chop the fresh basil.
- Toss to combine
Combine the tomatoes, red onion, and fresh basil in a large bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and toss to combine.
That’s it! From here you can go on to serve it or refrigerate the salad for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
What to Serve with Bruschetta Salad
There are several ways to make this bruschetta a part of your next meal. First, you should try it in my cheesy Baked Bruschetta Chicken recipe and then move on to one of the ideas below:
- tossed with cooked pasta
- added to cooked couscous
- served alongside baked fish
- over a meal prepped salad
- over toasted bread-like french baguette or sourdough
Fresh Bruschetta Salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, red onion, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and basil. Toss to combine and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Leave a Reply