This Baked Parmesan Zucchini recipe is an easy and delicious way to make vegetables in a way that kids will actually eat! They’re crispy, cheesy, and gluten-free.
I’ve come a long way with getting my kids to eat more vegetables. If you have an extremely picky eater, trust me – I understand how stressful mealtime can be. My kids used to turn their noses up at most vegetables and definitely anything green.
Finally, after years of never giving up on veggies, I got them to eat (and enjoy!) some nutritious vegetables. The trick to getting our kids to eat veggies (and try them!) is to continue to make them in a variety of ways not to stop serving them.
Zucchini is one veggie I always have around and is easy to find nearly year round. So, to keep making zucchini interesting to eat, I make it into zoodles, grate the ends and make mini quiches, and even turn it into waffles.
I especially love when my parents send over some zucchini from their garden. Their “organic” taste beats the grocery’s flavor every time. Another advantage to having my parents close by is that I can cook in their kitchen any time as well as film recipe videos like this one to show you how to make this delicious recipe at home.
What’s more, these zucchini wedges can also be served as an appetizer. The entire dish can be prepped ahead of time, stored in the refrigerator, and thrown in the oven to bake while you are making dinner.
It’s the perfect dish to serve with grilled chicken, sausages, a bowl of creamy tomato soup, and even a few fried eggs.
These baked zucchini wedges are easy to make, healthy, gluten and grain free; so, If you have some zucchini waiting to be cooked in the fridge, this recipe is it!
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
This Baked Parmesan Zucchini recipe is an easy way to add vegetables to dinner that your kids will actually eat! They’re crispy, cheesy, AND gluten-free.
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- 4 medium zucchinis, ends removed and quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray a cookie cooling rack with nonstick spray or brush with oil. Place the cooling rack over a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini onto cooling rack, skin side down. Drizzle with olive oil and brush to coat zucchini tops. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the zucchini is tender and cooked through. Then, broil for 2-3 minutes until the tops are crispy and golden.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.