It should be no surprise that my mom and I have the same love for cooking fresh foods in the kitchen. This watermelon and feta salad is one she makes often, and I’m excited to share the recipe with you.
I love these Vintage Charm bowls inspired by Pyrex and I’m excited to have partnered with them to bring you this deliciously fresh recipe for Mother’s Day.
In spite of having a busy schedule with three kids plus an exchange student, travel, work, and life, my mom and I still manage to spend a lot of time together. We do dinner at my parents one night per week, and I can’t tell you how much I love that we do that. Salad is always on the menu, and when it’s hot outside, this refreshing Watermelon, Feta and Mint salad is a must have.
Watch here just how easy it is to make:
I know the move from California has been a difficult adjustment for my parents, both socially and culturally, but having each other close is amazing.
My mom loves fresh herbs so it is no surprise that my dad made her planters with a variety of herbs for her cooking. She loves mint so much that she has nearly an entire planter filled with it. My kids love to help gather herbs for her cooking as well.
With summer around the corner, our ovens are looking forward to taking a break from regular use. No one wants to heat up the house more than necessary in the hot summer months in the south! Which is why many of my summer recipes are similar to this one, fresh, delicious, and mouthwatering.
My mom doesn’t like to have the same salad twice in a week while I love to repeat some of my favorites. She also likes to plate her salads while I love to eat my salad straight out of the bowl. As she tried to plate my salad, I told her that these Vintage Charm bowls inspired by Pyrex were super cute, how could I not eat out of them?! She laughed and said ok.
The bowls are festive and classic and the salad is just what I needed as a light and refreshing lunch!
For two ladies always on the go, this salad is great because you have to serve it immediately. Make it, toss it, and enjoy!
Do you eat your salad straight from the bowl too?
Watermelon Feta Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ cup minced shallots (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup whole fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form and emulsion. If not using within an hour, store the vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator.
- Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well.
- Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.
From time to time, I work with awesome companies to develop recipes for this website. Today’s post was brought to you by Pyrex. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that encourage my creativity.