April 13, 2019
Pizza night is a regular thing at my house, and sometimes I just want a grown-up pizza. Good thing this Greek Pizza recipe is just as easy to make as regular pepperoni!
It’s perfectly cheesy, crispy, and has all the Mediterranean flavors we love!
Easy Greek Feta Pizza
Instead of the regular cheese and pepperoni, Greek Pizza is topped with crumbly feta, olives, bell pepper, and grape tomatoes. Everything else is pretty much the same, soft, doughy crust, melted cheese, slightly charred veggies… I think the term “a slice of heaven” would be appropriate here.
For occasions such as this, I like to keep homemade frozen pizza dough and frozen cheese pizza on hand. Both methods taste better and take less time than the delivery option.
If you are grain-free, you can still have this delicious Greek Pizza. Instead of using the frozen pizza crusts, you can use my grain-free pizza crust recipe instead.
Greek Feta Pizza Toppings
Feta cheese and Kalamata olives are essential to Greek pizza, but I also like to add chopped bell pepper and grape tomatoes for good measure.
If you’re all about that loaded pizza life I get it! Since I’m raising a picky eater crew I usually have two options: the classic cheese or pepperoni for the kids and a ”fancier” option like Greek Pizza or Taco Pizza for the adults. You can’t go wrong with those options.
Below you’ll find plenty of Greek pizza toppings to try out, but feel free to add other ingredients you think would make this even better- after all, this is your pizza night.
- grape tomatoes: these can be baked onto the pizza or added once it’s out of the oven.
- bell pepper: use red, yellow, or green bell pepper.
- Kalamata olives: add salt, briny flavor. Use black olives instead if that’s what you have on hand.
- feta cheese: tangy, sharp feta is what makes this a Greek pizza.
- chopped parsley: totally options but adds a nice touch.
- pepperoncini: place sliced or whole pepperoncinis right over the top and bake.
- marinated artichoke hearts: tastes incredible with the olives and feta.
- grilled chicken: adds protein. Use grilled or baked chicken slices.
- Roma tomatoes: sliced thin and baked into the pizza. They make a great swap for grape tomatoes.
- diced red onion: if you love onions on your pizza.
- spinach: tastes incredible in between all the cheese and veggies. Make sure to chop it finely.
- roasted red peppers: swap fresh bell pepper for the roasted red pepper flavor.
- dried oregano: just a little sprinkle to give it color and great aroma.
Feta Cheese on Greek Pizza
Feta cheese adds a creamy, tangy flavor that you can’t beat! Once baked, the cheese is slightly melted and softened but still has that sharp taste and enhances the flavors of the other ingredients.
You can find feta cheese in large white blocks or containers of pre-crumbled cheese. The block cheese is easy to crumble and slightly softer than the pre-crumbled cheese.
How to Make Greek Feta Pizza
I use a frozen cheese pizza to make this recipe, but you could also use refrigerated and homemade pizza dough. I’ve tried all three options, and they turn out great.
Some nights it’s totally worth rolling out your own dough, while other nights call for the frozen option.
No matter what you decide, rest assured you’ll get an incredibly delicious slice of pizza. Here’s how to make it!
- Get the oven hot
Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Add the toppings
Place the pizza onto a pizza pan or flat surface. Top with green peppers, olives, and feta cheese.
Place the pizza in the oven and bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve
Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the tomatoes and chopped parsley before slicing.
Watch this video to see how to make it, step by step!
What to Serve with Feta Greek Pizza
Wondering what to serve with pizza? I’ve got you covered with a few ideas for appetizers and sides. Try a couple to add variety and elevate your feta pizza night.
What are some of your family’s favorite pizza combos?
Greek Feta Pizza Recipe
- 1 regular or gluten-free cheese pizza
- ½ green pepper, julienned
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 4 oz feta cheese
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place frozen cheese pizza on a flat surface and top with green peppers, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with grape tomatoes –although these can be baked, your choice. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.