March 27, 2018
Brace yourself to drool over some of these hummus platters. They’re so good, you’ll make them on repeat!
This post includes incredible hummus recipes to try, along with tips on pairing ingredients, so every platter you create is filled with a different variety.
These platters are great appetizers for special occasions or a light meal when you don’t feel like cooking. It’s easy for everyone to select and enjoy their favorite snack foods with a delicious batch of hummus.
Ready to make edible works of art? Let’s go!
How to Make a Hummus Platter
Creating a beautiful hummus platter is simple and involves arranging a variety of finger-food ingredients like veggies, cured meats, cheese, nuts, and crackers onto a large platter, usually a nice cutting board.
Of course, you can’t forget the hummus, this is the focal point of the platter, and you can use plain or a couple of different flavors.
Place the hummus onto the platter first, and then arrange the ingredients around it so that it’s the focal point of the board.
Hummus Platter Ideas
Pick one of these ideas and assemble a gorgeous hummus platter quickly with fresh and delicious ingredients.
You can reference the pictures to get a good idea of how to arrange the ingredients around the hummus, and feel free to add/swap ingredients as you like. It’s YOUR party.
- Garlic hummus
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Chopped red onion
- Kalamata olives
- Pita wedges
Picnic Hummus Tray
- Black bean hummus
- White bean hummus
- White Cheddar
- Fresh berries
- Sliced apple
Grilled Veggie Platter
- Roasted red pepper hummus
- Warmed pita bread
- Grilled red bell pepper
- Grilled asparagus
- Grilled zucchini
- Grilled yellow squash
- Grilled red onion
Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
- smoked salmon & cream cheese pinwheels
- roasted garlic seasoning with Everything Bagel seasoning
- baby carrots
- sugar snap peas
- cherry tomatoes
Rainbow Hummus Platter
- Red bean hummus
- Broccoli florets
- Grape tomatoes
- Sugar snap peas
- Baby bell peppers
- Carrot sticks
- Seedless grapes
This would be a good place to share the BEST hummus recipe– it’s super easy to whip up in a food processor or blender and has the perfect amount of fresh garlic and tahini. Check it out:
What to Serve with Hummus on a Platter
Hummus platters can also have a theme: Mediterranean, Italian, or sweet & savory- this makes it easier to decide which ingredients to include without feeling like you are repeating the same hummus tray over and over.
- Mediterranean: classic chickpea hummus, pita wedges, homemade falafel, grape tomatoes, fresh cucumber, feta cheese, and Kalamata olives.
- Italian: garlic or red pepper hummus, salami, prosciutto, Mozzarella, Parmesan-Reggiano, crackers, almonds, and seedless grapes.
- Sweet & Savory: aged white Cheddar, Gouda, any hummus flavor, peanut butter, sliced veggies, crackers, strawberries, seedless grapes, and chocolate.
Hummus Antipasto Platter
- 2 6 ounce containers hummus, or homemade hummus
- 4 round pitas, sliced into wedges
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 6 ounces Mediterranean olives, mixed
- 4 ounces feta cheese block, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced in quarters
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- Place hummus containers on a board or platter at opposite ends. If using homemade hummus, fill two small bowls, one at each end.
- Arrange the pitas, veggies, cheese, and olives around the hummus containers and serve.