For mornings where you want to make a nutritious breakfast but time is of the essence, this Cinnamon Roll Smoothie recipe is one everyone will love.
It’s a time saver when it comes to the breakfast rush hour and will keep your family going all morning long.
Is Cinnamon Good in Smoothies?
Can you enjoy a smoothie that tastes indulgent AND is good for you? YES! That’s why cinnamon is a great addition to any smoothie. It tastes like dessert while offering many health benefits.
Cinnamon is packed with antioxidants, which help to reduce cellular damage. According to some studies, it could also have anti-inflammatory effects, protect against heart disease and cancer, and help to low blood sugar levels.
Combine this great spice with ingredients like oats, almond milk and banana, and you have a delicious and quick smoothie with tons of benefits!
Simple and delicious ingredients make this smoothie a terrific breakfast that tastes like dessert! Here is what you need:
- Vanilla almond milk: make this smoothie dairy-free while adding a silky-smooth taste and great texture.
- Frozen bananas: for thickness, sweetness, and nutrition.
- Cinnamon: it’s not a cinnamon smoothie without it!
- Vanilla: for more dessert-like flavor, optional.
- Brown sugar: gives this smoothie a more authentic cinnamon roll sweet taste. Optional.
- Old-fashioned oats: for thickness and extra nutrition.
I love the taste of this smoothie so much that I’ve also been known to add a scoop of protein powder to make an epic post-workout smoothie.
How to Make a Cinnamon Smoothie
You can make this nutritious cinnamon smoothie in no time with the blender. Enjoying an epic breakfast has never been this easy!
Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
Pour the smoothie into two glasses, and top with sprinkled cinnamon.
Check out this quick video to see this smoothie magic happen.
In addition from being a morning game changer, I’ve found this smoothie to also make a great after-school snack for the kids. A serving is just enough to hold them over until dinner.
It may sound decadent, but I assure you that this smoothie is nutritious and convenient. Two things I look for when it comes to our weekday morning recipes.
Busy mornings, afternoon sweet tooth solutions, workout recovery; whatever it may be. I love this Cinnamon Roll Smoothie and I know you will too!
Healthy Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond milk
- 1 ½ frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for dusting
- ½ teaspoon vanilla, optional
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, optional
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour smoothie into two glasses, top with sprinkled cinnamon.