Oct 6, 2016
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Put a twist on pizza night with this Mediterranean Hummus Pizza!
By using hummus as the base instead of pizza sauce, you’ll add a wonderful texture and taste of the Mediterranean-inspired flavors you love.
Easy Hummus Pizza
Using flatbread as the crust means that you don’t have to bake the crust in a hot oven or even make a homemade pizza crust either. It’s a little pizza crust hack that gives the perfect texture and taste every single time.
The feta cheese and olives create a perfectly salty bite every time – and one that you’re not soon to forget.
Even the kids give this pizza recipe two thumbs up – which every mom knows is one of the best “food ratings” in the world.
Don’t forget that you can easily make homemade hummus in a couple of minutes and use it for this recipe at a fraction of the cost than store-bought.
Hummus Pizza Base
Spreading hummus on delicious naan bread as the pizza base is such a nice shortcut! Not only that, but it’s the perfect texture between thin crust and thick crust and holds up well with the other strong flavors on top!
Hummus Pizza Toppings
The best way to create a pizza that everyone will love is to let them add on their favorite toppings!
Below are just some topping suggestions for what flavors pair well with hummus and give that pizza a delicious Mediterranean pizza!
Here are the toppings that we used to make this pizza:
- Kalamata olives: salty olives add the best flavor!
- roasted red peppers: the roasted flavor is delicious.
- shredded Mozzarella cheese: any type of shredded cheese will work, but mozzarella is always a good idea.
- crumbled feta cheese: don’t leave off the feta! (but you can add other types like goat cheese as well)
How Long to Bake these Hummus Pizzas
Cook time is a breeze since you’re really only warming up the toppings that are on the pizza. Once you preheat the oven to 400 degrees, it will take just 7 minutes of baking time to create the perfect pizza.
Since the naan bread that you’re using as the crust is already cooked and baked, the time that it’s in the oven is just to melt and warm up the toppings.
Just in case, keep an eye on the naan bread to make sure that it doesn’t burn while warming up. You can watch the edges or use a spatula and slowly lift up the naan bread to get a peek of the bottom.
More Hummus Recipes
Don’t forget that hummus is not only great on this pizza, but it’s crazy-good with so many other recipes, too!
Here are some other hummus recipes that I think you’ll enjoy:
Quick Hummus Pizzas
- 6 naan flatbreads
- 8 ounces hummus any
- 4 ounces Kalamata olives chopped
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F and position the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and place 3 flatbreads on each.
- Spread 3-4 tablespoons of hummus onto each flatbread, and top with olives, roasted red peppers, and cheeses.
- Bake one tray at a time, for 7 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and melted. Carefully remove from oven and serve.
We tried this on our last ‘Pizza Friday’ and they were AMAZING, quick and easy.
I’m so glad it was a hit! thanks Daris!
Holy heck you’ve done it again. I mean, how many times can you remake hummus and make it amazing? Apparently a lot. I’ve been following your blog for 3+ years and you don’t seize to amaze me. YUMMM!!!
OMG. EVERYTHING I LOVE IN EVERY BITE!!! what a genius idea. I never thought of using hummus in my pizza. !
super easy to make, just my type of recipe!!
I made these last night and they were terrific! I love that I already have all the ingredients in my fridge -except the roasted red peppers. So good!
This looks delicious!