Everything you love about s’mores gets turned into a simple, easy no-bake treat with these S’mores Cereal Bars. They are super easy to make and no campfire required! Check out how easy they are to make in this quick video.
I have to admit that I’m not a crafty person so when it comes to making treats for bake sales, classroom parties, or birthday parties… the simpler the recipe, the better!
And it’s also summer. And the kids have kids over. And I keep telling my kids that “just because we have a fire pit outside does not mean we need to pull out all the s’more making supplies every time your friends come over.” This. Every.single.time.on.repeat.
Plus, we have our neighborhood kids every single afternoon. I don’t want to get baking on a daily basis -while I like to get in the kitchen and make a batch of Lemon Yogurt Muffins or Blueberry Hand Pies… I really have to be in the mood to bake and clean to get things baked.
These crispy s’mores cereal bars came together from my Valentine’s Day Heart Treats but with a little summer festiveness, my kids love. Plus, who doesn’t have a box of Cheerios around the house? Exactly. It doesn’t matter what variety you use, for these.
And, even if you have to bring a treat to summer camp, the recipe is nut free and loved by kids. And since Cheerios are gluten-free, you don’t have to worry about that either.
Aaaand, who doesn’t have the ingredients already in the pantry? Cheerios, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and butter. Okay, you may not keep marshmallows on hand, but I never know when I might need an impromptu Roasted Strawberry Smore’s or to make these cereal bars so…
I know that everyone loves a good s’more. The melted marshmallow and chocolate wedged between two graham crackers… but south Louisiana it gets HOT in the summer. And by hot, I mean really, really hot, even at nighttime, not to mention mosquitoes, so campfires aren’t always a pleasant way to spend the evening.
There is also the fact that we get summer thunderstorms, every. single. day! Or, it feels that way, which is another reason I love this recipe, no heat required, only refrigeration. Drastic change, I KNOW.
The best part is that I store these s’more cereal bars in an airtight container and they last a couple of days of kid visits. Well, they do need a reminder to “just take one”… but they’re kids after all.
If you are looking for a healthy no bake dessert for YOU to enjoy, I have you covered there as well. This one is also full of chocolate chips and the kids always love it too (they have no idea is Paleo friendly!).
What are some of your favorite summer treats?
No-Bake S’mores Cereal Bars
- 12 ounces (1 box) Frosted Cheerios
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper and grease the open sides so our bars come out easily.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl (big enough to fit the cereal), melt marshmallows and butter, opening the microwave every 20-30 seconds to stir the mixture with a wooden spoon. Once melted, remove from microwave and stir in vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the Cheerios to the melted marshmallow mixture and fold to combine. Add in the chocolate chips. Once ingredients are combined and marshmallow mixture is evenly distributed, transfer to a 9×9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with a few chocolate chips on top and press down, with your hands, into the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before slicing into 12 squares.